Playoff Hockey Thread part 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
He's a pure playoff beast. Great move by Carlyle to stick Perry back on that line.

Does anyone else watch Getzlaf and think about Jack?

Yes, pre draft among other pro comparisons An even better and more talented Getzlaf was one of them...along with a faster Modano etc.

But my god what a game. I really hope Anaheim closes it out in game 6 and can get some rest. I want to see the Ducks win it all now since the Caps obviously can't get past round 2 to save their lives.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Yes. Hoping Eichel ends up being a faster Getzlaf with a better shot.

So... a completely different player?

I don't get the getzlaf/Eichel comparisons at all. Seems like a narrative around their similar skating posture has grown in to a full blown myth.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
So... a completely different player?

I don't get the getzlaf/Eichel comparisons at all. Seems like a narrative around their similar skating posture has grown in to a full blown myth.

It has to do with Getzlaf controlling the puck. On the Fowler goal, when he went around back of the net, controlling the puck the entire way around, looked a lot like things Eichel does.

It's about puck control for me. That's the comparison. I want Eichel to control the game the way Getzlaf does.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I'm surprised how entertaining and goal filled the Rags/Sens series has been. I was expecting nightly 2-1 tight checking games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad