Playoff Expectations Given the New Lineup?

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I dono how to feel or what to think. We've upgraded to average (maybe slightly better than on a good day) on D, and are solid up front/in net but have a general lack of experience. We need to at least win in the first round and get to game 7 in the 2nd round to keep me happy.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
I expect at least one series win, but would be slightly disappointed if we don't make it to the ECF. This team is too good and its biggest weakness was addressed nicely today.

Not a single team in the league scares me if TB plays their game. That's the key.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
I am ashamed of all of you right now. Why isn't there an option to miss the playoffs? Why is this jinx thread on our own boards. I refuse to participate in such a blatant spit on the believes of the Lightning forums.

I chose the worst possible option. I got your back.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well want to win the cup or at least go to a SCF game in June.

My expectations for this season, to get into the 2nd round, and at least put up a fight in that round. Anything past the 2nd round is a plus.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I was expecting ECF, maybe it's just me but I see clearer window now and next season than 3+ years down the road...

A 1st round exit would be embarrassing.

I expect at least one series win, but would be slightly disappointed if we don't make it to the ECF. This team is too good and its biggest weakness was addressed nicely today.

Not a single team in the league scares me if TB plays their game. That's the key.

Pretty much this.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I think we're good enough to make it to the ECF at least. Only team I could see ruining us is the Isles.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I was expecting ECF, maybe it's just me but I see clearer window now and next season than 3+ years down the road...

A 1st round exit would be embarrassing.

I mean, I can't disagree with that. The salary cap being what it is, and the Canadian dollar being stagnant/declining, which puts a crimp on the whole "being able to keep as much talent as possible with the cap rising" ideology, there is something to be said about trying to get the job done before Stamkos gets into eight digits per season.

There is no super power in the East; ****, there hasn't been one in several years, really. It's all there for the grabbing.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I mean, I can't disagree with that. The salary cap being what it is, and the Canadian dollar being stagnant/declining, which puts a crimp on the whole "being able to keep as much talent as possible with the cap rising" ideology, there is something to be said about trying to get the job done before Stamkos gets into eight digits per season.

There is no super power in the East; ****, there hasn't been one in several years, really. It's all there for the grabbing.

I think one of these three teams make the finals Tampa Bay, Redwings or islanders. Islanders really scare me they are good all around!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Pretty much, there's no guarantee all of our talent will be here in 3 years I mean this team should be taking advantage when everybody is on sweetheart contracts, Stamkos at 7.5 Hedman at 4? Johnson, Palat at 3.3m, Kucherov and Drouin on ELC's? That's a combined 20m for all that talent, that has to be the best 20m package in the NHL. In 3 years time that combined salary will easily double to 40m+.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Pretty much, there's no guarantee all of our talent will be here in 3 years I mean this team should be taking advantage when everybody is on sweetheart contracts, Stamkos at 7.5 Hedman at 4? Johnson, Palat at 3.3m, Kucherov and Drouin on ELC's? That's a combined 20m for all that talent, that has to be the best 20m package in the NHL. In 3 years time that combined salary will easily double to 40m+.

Yep sooner or later we are going to lose a few guys. It's starts with getting stamkos to take less and show the rest! Leave a couple million on the table for cups. Then maybe palat and Johnson take less and kucherov I hope.

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
I'm pretty optimistic. Top Offense in the league adds a much needed top 4 Dman. Just have to figure out the PP by the playoffs and I think at least the Eastern Conference Finals

As it stands now we'd have to go through Detroit and then the Winner of Montreal and Boston/Florida.

I like those matchups. Boston and Detroit I think would have problems with our speed and we've done well against Montreal this year.

Whoever comes out of the Metropolitan+Washington will be really tough if we get to the ECF, but who knows in a 7 game series

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
Most of us who participated in this poll have now had our least expectations met now.

Eastern Conference Finals will be tough whether it's the Rangers or the Caps. Both can be beaten - hoping for the Rangers.

Proud of our boys for getting this far!

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
---
HWAByjm.jpg

I guess I am satisfied, now? This is icing on the cake for most of you DOUBTERS.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Still playing with house money. imo.

Never thought they would get this far this year, and eliminating the Rangers was my dream come true. But now, might as well go for the final prize.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
It's been a hell of a run. Definitely nothing to complain about going forward. Stamkos turned it on in a big way after a legendarily awful series against the Red Wings. Callahan seems to be back to being a little wrecking ball out there. TKO is love. TKO is life. TKO is all. Killorn has been really impressive - always thought he was valuable, but he seems to just have that playoff gene. Hedman has been a ****ing monster - seriously so amazing to see a Dman with a Lightning bolt on his chest play like that. Best defenseman we've ever had in my opinion.

Hopefully this season is a springboard into continued success, but if nothing else, it's been a hell of a run. Now let's get four more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad