Playoff D-Depth

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I am a little concerned with the lack of depth on our back end come playoff time. Sure, if one guy goes down we have Ranger to fill in. What happens if we have two guys go down? I know that this is a problem that most teams have in the cap era but our pickings are very slim.

For example; At center we have Holland, Smith and Smithson. At wing we have guys like Ashton, Bodie and D'Amigo. These guys not only have some NHL experience, they have played with the big club this year.

On defense, the only viable options that we have are Holzer, Brennan and to a lesser extent Percy. The first two have some NHL experience but haven't played at all with the buds this year.

I guess that the point of all of this would be that I'd like to see a couple of these guys get up for a few games before the end of the season to get some playing time with the guys.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
I am a little concerned with the lack of depth on our back end come playoff time. Sure, if one guy goes down we have Ranger to fill in. What happens if we have two guys go down? I know that this is a problem that most teams have in the cap era but our pickings are very slim.

For example; At center we have Holland, Smith and Smithson. At wing we have guys like Ashton, Bodie and D'Amigo. These guys not only have some NHL experience, they have played with the big club this year.

On defense, the only viable options that we have are Holzer, Brennan and to a lesser extent Percy. The first two have some NHL experience but haven't played at all with the buds this year.

I guess that the point of all of this would be that I'd like to see a couple of these guys get up for a few games before the end of the season to get some playing time with the guys.

With Fraser gone it just became that much more likely.

All of our main D have actually had remarkably good health this year which hasn't required us to have call ups like the forward group.

Hopefully Nonis just doesn't trade a pick for some plug like O'Bryne this year.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
With Fraser gone it just became that much more likely.

All of our main D have actually had remarkably good health this year which hasn't required us to have call ups like the forward group.

Hopefully Nonis just doesn't trade a pick for some plug like O'Bryne this year.

I guess that they assumed (correctly apparently) that Fraser wouldn't have passed through waivers.

Would Korbi or TJ have to?

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
I guess that they assumed (correctly apparently) that Fraser wouldn't have passed through waivers.

Would Korbi or TJ have to?

I believe they already passed through when they were sent down at the start of the year.

Recallable waivers no longer applies.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I believe they already passed through when they were sent down at the start of the year.

Recallable waivers no longer applies.

Sorry, I meant when they inevitably got sent back down again. Brennan is 24 and Holzer 25 so they would have one chance and one chance only.

I've been to a couple of Marlies games this year and Percy looked good. I'd love to see him up for a tryout at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad