Playoff Couturier

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Sean Couturier scored 3 goals, 1 assist in his 2nd playoff game ever. Coots has failed to score in his next 18 playoff games.

Out of 20 playoff games , Sean has 1 game in which he has had points.

When does his streak end? Has there ever been such a streak for a player who gets his ice time?

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
Probably won't. I'm a Flyers fan and, although I believe last night's game was mostly a derivation of absolutely horrific goaltending and playoff jitters, the Penguins absolutely shut down the Flyers power play last night which is what the Capitals did in 2016. The power play for the Flyers is based entirely on rims around the boards to spread out the attack and send the puck to open areas. The Penguins destroyed this strategy by playing aggressively along the outside and along the boards to take away any time Giroux would normally have to corral a rimmed puck along the dasher.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
He made such a big impression in the 2012 series, it's surprising that he has struggled so much since.

Eh I think we're being too hard on him.
He's had a great regular season and now he gets to face either Playoff Sid or Playoff Malkin. That's a tall order. Look at the C's those 2 have caved in their last 2 runs...its not a list of bumpkins

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Terrible play on Pittsbergs second goal. floodgates opened after that.

i also think this regular season is a big abberation offensively for him. I could see a 50-55 point player in the mold of J.Staal but he's not a 60-70+ point centerman.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Everyone should know that Jtown is notorious for hating on Couturier, he constantly said he would never be more than a checking 3C. At the start of the season when Couts was showing that offensive potential we all saw in him Jtown disappeared from the Flyers board, he only reemerged when Couts went cold (couldnt score goals, still got a bunch of assists) and clamored on about Couts being put back at 3C behind Giroux and Patrick. This post is as transparent as they come trying to tear Couts down. He has posted it twice on the Flyers board already.

Now on to the post itself, this ignores all conext, in both the 2012 and 2014 playoffs Couts was used in a purely defensive role, tasked to shut down the other teams top players with poor linemates. He has played 2 games for Hakstol in the playoffs where he was actually used in a more offensive role. It is not a good look, but give him a few series as a 1C or 2C before counting him out completely like Jtown already has.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Everyone should know that Jtown is notorious for hating on Couturier, he constantly said he would never be more than a checking 3C. At the start of the season when Couts was showing that offensive potential we all saw in him Jtown disappeared from the Flyers board, he only reemerged when Couts went cold (couldnt score goals, still got a bunch of assists) and clamored on about Couts being put back at 3C behind Giroux and Patrick. This post is as transparent as they come trying to tear Couts down. He has posted it twice on the Flyers board already.

Now on to the post itself, this ignores all conext, in both the 2012 and 2014 playoffs Couts was used in a purely defensive role, tasked to shut down the other teams top players with poor linemates. He has played 2 games for Hakstol in the playoffs where he was actually used in a more offensive role. It is not a good look, but give him a few series as a 1C or 2C before counting him out completely like Jtown already has.

Yes my hatred for coots is such that I told all the nhl teams to not let him score in the Playoffs.

I may be notorious for posting coots stats, but the flyers board is notorious for ignoring Coots poor play. I gave him plenty of props this year, he was phenomenal.
Context aside in 20 playoff games coots has scored in 1 game.

Reactions: Amen evil king

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017

what the hell does Jtown hating on Couterier has to do with what he posted...there's a legit concern for playoff performance. Flyers need scoring in a bad way to keep up with the Penguins offense. Only series he ever scored in was when neither team felt like playing any defense. He's been a dud since then, if he's gonna center the 1st line, he needs to bring that offense in the post season.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
what the hell does Jtown hating on Couterier has to do with what he posted...there's a legit concern for playoff performance. Flyers need scoring in a bad way to keep up with the Penguins offense. Only series he ever scored in was when neither team felt like playing any defense. He's been a dud since then, if he's gonna center the 1st line, he needs to bring that offense in the post season.
Hes had 1 game as the 1C and 1 game as 2C, cant really pass judgement yet.

Reactions: TheKingPin

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
its really just shocking. i thought he had like 8 points in that pens flyers series a few years ago

That series was an absolute gong show though.

I'm sure he'll break the streak soon though, especially if he plays with Giroux.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He made such a big impression in the 2012 series, it's surprising that he has struggled so much since.

This. I remember the number he did on Malkin in 2012. Last night, there was a 1 on 1 battle between the two in the 3rd behind the Pens net, and Malkin just ragdolled him. Pretty much a metaphor for where his playoff game has evolved.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
That series was an absolute gong show though.

I'm sure he'll break the streak soon though, especially if he plays with Giroux.

Voracek also has some underwhelming numbers in the playoffs. Some guys just dont step up come playoff time.

Caps have a few too.

While the Pens continue to get lucky having rookies put up 21 point ( 13 g 8a) in their first playoff run. Guentzel added 4 more last night. 25 points now for him in 26 playoff games.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

His positions on Couturier are not rooted in reason and he is fond of ignoring any context he needs to to justify his hate. Take his haranguing with a pile of salt.

Reactions: Amorgus

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sean Couturier scored 3 goals, 1 assist in his 2nd playoff game ever. Coots has failed to score in his next 18 playoff games.

Out of 20 playoff games , Sean has 1 game in which he has had points.

When does his streak end? Has there ever been such a streak for a player who gets his ice time?

Damn you and your reverse jinx thread. Couturier will score a hattrick in Game 2.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
His positions on Couturier are not rooted in reason and he is fond of ignoring any context he needs to to justify his hate. Take his haranguing with a pile of salt.

Some how this is my fault. sean couturier has points in 1 playoff game in his career and yet you choose to focus on me.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad