Playoff Bracket Structure?

EvilPirateZamboni

Taco Loco!!!
Jul 22, 2009
Can anyone describe historical incarnations of the NHL's playoff structure? Or a website maybe?

I was telling someone the other day that way back in the 90s the Sharks lost to Toronto in the 2nd round, and I had to pause for a second to think about it.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I was telling someone the other day that way back in the 90s the Sharks lost to Toronto in the 2nd round, and I had to pause for a second to think about it.

I prefer not to think about it. I'm not a Sharks fan, but I remember me and my brother cheering like hell for them in the overtime of game 6 becase ... well, we hated the Leafs.

First this happened.... :banghead:

Then this.... :facepalm:

Then Toronto scored and I just wanted to cry :laugh:

EvilPirateZamboni

Taco Loco!!!
Jul 22, 2009
http://www.nhl.com/cup/formats.html

When San Jose and Toronto met that post-season, the Leafs were part of the Western Conference along with the Sharks.

Thanks!

I prefer not to think about it. I'm not a Sharks fan, but I remember me and my brother cheering like hell for them in the overtime of game 6 becase ... well, we hated the Leafs.

First this happened.... :banghead:

Then this.... :facepalm:

Then Toronto scored and I just wanted to cry :laugh:

Sharks fans weren't crying; folks were still ecstatic over beating the Wings. Jamie Baker's goal is often cited as the biggest goal in Sharks history.

But when they had to play the Wings in the second round the following year, I knew they were toast. Detroit scored six goals in each game to sweep the Sharks.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad