Playoff Beards?

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
Are Playoff Beards not a thing anymore? I have seen so many clean shaven faces on the ice and I'm sitting over here with manfur all over my face for solidarity.

If Playoff Beards have become a thing of the past, I am headed to the bathroom for a shave.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
My good luck charm has been not opening GDTs until after the game. I did it before for the two games we lost.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I'm growing one strong right now when people point it out I tell them it's for the sens and they go ****ing right

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I've had a beard for a few months, but I don't think I've trimmed it since the playoffs started.

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
I normally rock a full beard. Shaved it completely when we clinched and haven't touched it since. Thank God it's back to normal bow so I can't see my 2nd chin

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
I sport a beard for the majority of the year, but ensure I am clean shaven by the time game 1 of the first round rolls around if the Sens are in it. Can't cheat even if a beard is your normal look!

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
I just went 10 months without shaving and cut it all off before the playoffs. Currently rocking the "Lemmy" now that it's growing back.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
They've lost their meaning with so many players sporting beards all year.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I trimmed it yesterday actually. So you can thank me for the comeback win I guess.

Yep. I started growing around early April but have trimmed at least once a week since then. I find a trimmed beard is the recipe for good luck.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
I think it has just taken a few of the Sens players a while to grow their stubble out. Zack Smith is rocking a killer playoff beard. Even the guys who usually have goatees look like they are letting the rest of the face grow out. It looks like Anderson shaved between games 2 and 3 though (it looks shorter) which is disappointing.

1. Good beards: Smith, Brassard, Stalberg, (and Claesson who started the playoffs bearded)
2. Stubble/scruff bordering on beard: MacArthur, Ryan, Burrows, Condon, Anderson, Hoffman, Methot, Harpur, Wingels, Stone
3. Trying but slow going: Turris, Dzingel, Phaneuf, Pageau, Ceci, Karlsson
4: Unknown (didn't play today): Wideman, Pyatt, Neil, White, McCormick, Varone, Borowiecki, Kelly

I think if we get to round 3 most of the guys in group #2 will have decent looking beards. The jury is out on the guys in group #3 though.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I'm growing one strong right now when people point it out I tell them it's for the sens and they go ****ing right

Same here. People love that it's a playoff beard.

I work with a bunch of military guys who aren't allowed to grow beards so they get a little jealous.

My wife doesn't like that my face is all scratchy, but she knows it's for a good cause.

Sarcasticus

Mar 25, 2010
Ottawa
I shaved on the last day of the regular season. Won't shave again until the Sens win the cup (or are eliminated).

Hurry up and win, boys! My face is so goddamn itchy

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Never had a beard in my life, never saw the need for players to grow playoff beards either.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
I haven't shaved or cut my hair in 3 months. Basically imagine a tight curly looking wannabe mullet, and a beard with a patch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad