• Rempe

Votes: 20 32.3%

• Total voters

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You're right, we should go with the very adaptable theme of *checks notes* Matt Rempe.

Maybe my imagination isn't what it used to be but I'm legit not seeing how we can make it both adaptable AND relevant. Do we use similar sounding names, or identical name / last names? If so I'm trying to figure out how Michael J Fox / Adam Fox no relation could highlight any hockey aspect. Unless we use other hockey player that we don't like.

I guess we can come up with something that's hockey related and rhymes with Adam Fox and is hockey related.

It just seems difficult.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
A419C75A-3479-49E0-B743-0D6AFED60704.png

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Maybe my imagination isn't what it used to be but I'm legit not seeing how we can make it both adaptable AND relevant. Do we use similar sounding names, or identical name / last names? If so I'm trying to figure out how Michael J Fox / Adam Fox no relation could highlight any hockey aspect. Unless we use other hockey player that we don't like.

I guess we can come up with something that's hockey related and rhymes with Adam Fox and is hockey related.

It just seems difficult.
Yea I had similar thoughts.

Rempe is one of the biggest storylines in the league this season and absolutely drives other fans mad, I for one want to embrace the villain thing for once and have something that annoys other fans while being funny.

There are a lot of themes you could have with Rempe too, King Kong/Empire State Building theme and have him grabbing opposing players in his hands/mascots of other teams; Rempire Strikes Back... could have pictures of star players from other teams being injured and Rempe waving bye to them etc there's a lot you could do

Or even just a simple headshot portrait would be pretty comical and other teams fans would be annoyed scrolling HF and seeing this guys face over and over everywhere they go like they can't escape.

If we play Washington (which we're projected to rn) we could use that "Rent Free' Wilson photoshop they posted and make a Rempe version lol

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

It just seems difficult.
When has it ever mattered to Sam that the names actually sound similar?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad