Proposal: Playoff Avatars

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
It looks pixelated when you look at it as an attachment in a post, but as an avatar it looks fine.

How are you saving it to you computer? Make sure it's saving as a .gif and not a .webp

Yep, it's saved as a .GIF, and I still get the same "Oops! We ran into some problems. The uploaded file must be a valid image." error

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
I'm trying to help RL and I'm getting the same error on his behalf (I also tried the Landy one and got the same error, which makes me curious).

The files all "look too big" to me, but I'm not sure if the software boils them down at all.

Update: tried Makar and Landy both on my account and it errored out with both.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
In the f***ing Avatar space it tells me to use an avy that is "at least 400x400 pixels....won't that blow this shit out? Become all pixelated?

Sorry @The Moops, I'm still getting the same error :(

I'm trying to help RL and I'm getting the same error on his behalf (I also tried the Landy one and got the same error, which makes me curious).

The files all "look too big" to me, but I'm not sure if the software boils them down at all.

Update: tried Makar and Landy both on my account and it errored out with both.

I'm really not sure what the problem is. I made this test account so it wasn't a sponsor and it all seems to be fine. I was told the avatar sizes are 196x196 and get reduced to 150x150, so I made sure all of them were 196x196 so the quality wouldn't drop too much when the site auto-resized them. I also think that non-sponsors have a 50kb limit on space as well. I ran into that problem yesterday and have made sure all the new ones were under 50kb.
The only thing else I can think of trying is attaching it as a file and not as a picture.

Attachments

• ezgif.com-gif-maker(6).gif
    ezgif.com-gif-maker(6).gif
    47.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Request

Kuemper, as seen here:

1653734681701.png