Playoff Avatars (full list in posts #419-420)

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Okay I know there is still a month of hockey left and this may be seen as a Jinx thread but This is something I have had on my mind for a while now.

Others can offer their ideas in this thread but my idea is...

"In Soviet Tampa..."

16570542678_491c98cdde_o.jpg

This is of course followed by the In Soviet Russia Meme type sayings but for the Lightning.

"Other Team Scores On Lightnings Power Play"

Then have a player with a russian stylized name

Stamkov

Bishopski

Brownov

Vasilevskiy‎

Kutcherov

So that is my suggestion. Yeah? Nay? What are other ideas.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
In Soviet Tampa, fans be the lightning and team be the thunder.

In Soviet Tampa, 3rd period is played first.

In Soviet Tampa, Bulin wall was cut down by accident

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
I don't really get the Russian thing though. We only have 4 Russians on our roster (counting Names, and he might not even be on the roster come playoff time).

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I don't really get the Russian thing though. We only have 4 Russians on our roster (counting Names, and he might not even be on the roster come playoff time).

The young Russians was part of it as was the Sickle looking like the circle around the Bolt. Mostly I found it amusing.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Love the ideas, but I'm not doing a playoff avi this year. I'm too superstitious.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
May I suggest a TV show theme? One people will recognize? Simpson's, friends, Seinfeld... hell my user name is directly ripped off of its always sunny in Philadelphia.

And always sunny theme would be amazing but I get the feeling flyers fans did it already

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
May I suggest a TV show theme? One people will recognize? Simpson's, friends, Seinfeld... hell my user name is directly ripped off of its always sunny in Philadelphia.

And always sunny theme would be amazing but I get the feeling flyers fans did it already

So you might know this tune I guess :laugh:

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
B.S.G.

"So Say We All!"

SFY as Commander/Admiral Adama
Cooper as President Roslin
Steven Stamkos as Call Sign: Apollo
Ryan Callahan as Call Sign: Helo
Jo Drouin as Call Sign: Starbuck

Lots of possibilities.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Love the ideas, but I'm not doing a playoff avi this year. I'm too superstitious.

annnnnd now I'm superstitious about my avatar also.

I haven't changed it all season and were having a great season.. No way am I changing it.

I almost changed it once out of anger at Stamkos :laugh:

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
annnnnd now I'm superstitious about my avatar also.

I haven't changed it all season and were having a great season.. No way am I changing it.

I almost changed it once out of anger at Stamkos :laugh:

I made this my avatar the summer of 2013. We had a great 2013-14 regular season. I changed it to the GoT themed one you made for me for the playoffs....

Changed back to this one right after the sweep. Great 2014-15. I am not changing my avatar for anything or anyone.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
My avatar gets taken away from me every few weeks because of infractions from the main board so I'm not too superstitious about it. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad