Playoff Avatars - finally have a theme finished - contact Shaft or Styles for requests!

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Can we make JC our theme?
tenor.gif
No.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
87KWciP.gif

Made this, but the 55KB limit is impossible to work with.
Not bad, but yeah, the limit with HF is giving me a lot of issues.

Tried dropping the size of this to 96x96 (the size HF changes a gif/image to fit as an avatar), and tried to optimize in a few different ways to get it to work, but no luck.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Guys, we're dumb-dumbs. We're missing the obvious one.

Caggiula/Manning trade

That's it. Just avatars that highlight that trade. Even if we lose this series, we're in the net positive over them from that fleecing alone.

as I began to read the thread this is exactly what I was thinking.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I think I got it boys. The options are endless.

View attachment 354411

ha ha, this is gold, just reduce the amount of font on the second one its too busy. something like: You want us to Spill the Oil, give me a hell yeah!

I think the first one may also sound better without if: You want the #1 pick (in the draft), give me a hell yeah!...what is in the brackets is not necessary IMO

@CallMeShaft you must add this one to the list to choose from

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
@CallMeShaft you must add this one to the list to choose from
The thing is I have no idea how to make a theme, as in multiple avatars, using that. I assume it's just keeping the words and swapping out random images of WWE's Stonecold, but I'm not sure myself.

If that's what the group wants (and in relatively close time to now), great. But there has been little discussion here, so if people really want to go that way, they gotta speak up right now, and I would need Styles to take the reigns a bit with this, this way I have a clear idea of where he's going with his theme and also so he can reformat that gif, because it'll need to be perfectly even size wise and without any of the wording cropped out.

Also I have no idea if the "if you want the to see us beat" is purposefully grammatically confusing. Like I said, it's not my theme, but I'm open to it if we can finally all come to a quick decision on it and if Styles wants to take charge a bit, at least until I get my footing with his theme.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'm rocking an old Windows 8 laptop because my newer one, a Windows 10, had it's hinges crack apart (thanks HP), so I don't know how big of a bitch downloading gifs is for people who don't run ancient hardware, but it was quite the challenge figuring out a way to do so for me (and since HF's reboot a year or two ago, they require you to download your avatar instead of just linking a url address).

So even though we don't really have our theme totally nailed down yet, I'm just gonna share what I did to get my practice avatars downloaded as gifs, in case anyone is confused later (or I forget).

Copy the url address of the avatar you want, go to this site, input the url address in the bar, don't change the size but instead go to the floppy drive icon and hit save. Save the file and hit the 'avatar' button on HF's site, look for the file you just downloaded (likely be in downloads and be the most recent thing you downloaded).

You're welcome, future me.

Edit: Just did it a similar way with android. Couldn't get it before, but if I hold down on an image, go to the image's link, copy said link and insert it to that site listed above and hit to save, I can download the gif like that. Then it's a matter of finding the file and hitting okay on HF.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muffinalt

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
The thing is I have no idea how to make a theme, as in multiple avatars, using that. I assume it's just keeping the words and swapping out random images of WWE's Stonecold, but I'm not sure myself.

If that's what the group wants (and in relatively close time to now), great. But there has been little discussion here, so if people really want to go that way, they gotta speak up right now, and I would need Styles to take the reigns a bit with this, this way I have a clear idea of where he's going with his theme and also so he can reformat that gif, because it'll need to be perfectly even size wise and without any of the wording cropped out.

Also I have no idea if the "if you want the to see us beat" is purposefully grammatically confusing. Like I said, it's not my theme, but I'm open to it if we can finally all come to a quick decision on it and if Styles wants to take charge a bit, at least until I get my footing with his theme.

different wrestlers, different phrases...

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
different wrestlers, different phrases...
Okay, so more just a general wrestling theme then.

If enough people want to go that way, then hopefully they'll speak up. Not big on wrestling myself, but I wouldn't deny going in that direction if that's what the consensus here is.

Again, I just need to know pretty f***ing quick one way or the other. Blues scrimmage is a week from Wednesday and I probably won't have time to do any of these this weekend so the clock's ticking.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Okay, so more just a general wrestling theme then.

If enough people want to go that way, then hopefully they'll speak up. Not big on wrestling myself, but I wouldn't deny going in that direction if that's what the consensus here is.

Again, I just need to know pretty f***ing quick one way or the other. Blues scrimmage is a week from Wednesday and I probably won't have time to do any of these this weekend so the clock's ticking.

to be fair I am not at all a wrestling fan at this point, perhaps 15-20 years ago yes but I thought there is potential with what @Styles cooked up....

I like many of the themes.

Reactions: Styles

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
@CallMeShaft I say just do your theme. It’s easy enough. I can spit out some avatars throughout the week when I’m bored. If anyone wants something specific just give me the images you want and idea. It only takes a few minutes.

Heres one I just thought of.

209501DE-FFB4-4235-9952-8DEDABBF845F.gif

Reactions: CallMeShaft

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
@Styles a lot of good ones being churned out by you already.

Where the hell were you the previous two post-seasons when I was mostly doing this shit solo? An extra set of hands, especially ones who knows what the hell they're doing, would've been nice.

Reactions: Styles

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
@Styles a lot of good ones being churned out by you already.

Where the hell were you the previous two post-seasons when I was mostly doing this shit solo? An extra set of hands, especially ones who knows what the hell they're doing, would've been nice.

I joined right before the Nashville series....

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: