Pre-Game Talk: Playing with the Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Thursday, MTL vs NJ. What are you expecting?

Lehkonen was on the ice for the pratice but he wasnt on any line so I'm not expecting him to play. Maybe saturday against Ottawa?

If I were CJ I'd try those lines

Galchenyuk - Drouin - Gallagher
Pacioretty Danault Shaw
Hudon Plekanec Byron
Deslauriers De La Rose Carr

Schlemko Weber
Benn Petry
Alzner Jerabek

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I expect a win. They've had 4 days to feel shame over their last game.

They're well rested. They've had a couple of practices. Plus, it's the last home game before the annual road trip from hell.
It's also not a Saturday night.

Remember when Price used to dominate Saturday night games? Good times.

In any case, I expect them to be much better. 3-2 win.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Hey guys, just to let you know the Devils will be without Hall, Palmieri, and Johansson tomorrow. Hall is day to day after a knee on knee hit last night but should only be out a few days. Palmieri is almost ready to return but definitely not tomorrow, and Johansson has yet to start skating after having a bone bruise from blocking a shot last Saturday. As of tomorrow we'll have 75 man games lost due to injury.

The lineup will look something like:

Bratt-Hischier-Stafford
Coleman-Zajac-Gibbons
Hayes-Boyle-????????
Wood-Zacha-Noesen

Moore-Vatanen
Greene-Santini
Butcher-Severson

Schneider

The Devils are said to be deciding whether to call up a forward from Binghamton (most likely Quenneville/Lappin) or insert one of Prout/Lovejoy and roll 7 D.

Although this banged up team played amazingly last night defeating the Kings 5-1, the entire team changes without Hall in the lineup and now missing three of four top six wingers.

Good luck!

Reactions: Narg98

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
If by chance for the Devils Selena Gomez is in the hall, Taylor Hall will recover from his injury

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I really don't know anymore. We were relatively healthy and crushed Columbus... but then got embarrassed by them a few days later then looked REAL bad against the Rangers which is the game Mojo got hurt. I assumed we would get destroyed by the Kings... but won 5-1. It's easy to assume that the Devils will get steamrolled tomorrow night without all these top players... but who knows anymore.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Stress level low, there hasn't been a Habs game in 4 days. The Devil is coming to town and look out, we're gonna get burned, badly to the third degree. :madfire::devdance::madfire:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
New Jersey are not the same animal as they used to be, fast young and talented. They will be without Hall so that should minimise the damage but I am not expecting a victory against those guys.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Power play units at practice:

hockey30-2017-12-13-a-16.30.51.png

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Chucky at the point makes it an almost guarantee that the Devils will get a short handed breakaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad