Confirmed with Link: Playfair Out

Feb 12, 2003
I love how the good news just keeps coming. Next week it will come out that Matthews is requesting a trade to the Coyotes or something LOL.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I love how the good news just keeps coming. Next week it will come out that Matthews is requesting a trade to the Coyotes or something LOL.

I'd settle for a more confirmed arena deal, but I doubt that happens.

I'm hoping Matthews ends up a Coyote eventually, but it may take a while

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I want to see effort and the kids given a chance to grow into key roles, not just lip service to the idea.

If we finish with 56 points, but they play like they give more than half-assed effort and we're letting them grow instead of crushing them, I'll be perfectly happy. I would've been happy if that happened and Tippett was the coach, but we were more interested in making sure good guy Dave Moss and his motley teamful of misfits were getting an NHL paycheck and playing all the special teams icetime they could handle.

That is exactly what happened last year. The kids progressed a ton.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Lol Well, that's obviously not what I saw the last three years. And based on the rhetoric, that isn't what Chayka and the Butcher saw either...

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Don't believe everything they say. I think it was a money issue. There's no way they wanted to keep the guy after letting everybody else go. Pretty sure put some pressure on him as well. Deal probably was that he leaves with little or no money but gets to say that it was his decision to leave. Makes him look a lot better.
d

I doubt it was about money.

Noone cares why he left. Every one knows a new head coach is going to want his own crew and that Jimmy was on his way out. It doesn't make him look better. I have no problem believing he asked to not waste any more of his time working the offseason for a club that doesn't want him and that he has no future at instead of becoming immediately available to seek out other opportunities. Don't blame him at all. Just glad he's gone.

Exactly.:nod:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Lol Well, that's obviously not what I saw the last three years. And based on the rhetoric, that isn't what Chayka and the Butcher saw either...

Chayka has said more than once that he likes our group of kids and the way they are progressing.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Chayka has said more than once that he likes our group of kids and the way they are progressing.

Do you actually think he would publicly say "I really don't like our group of young players and their development is for shist."

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Just when I thought this couldn't get any better. This is brilliant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad