WJC: Players You Can't Wait to Watch...

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Who are some of the guys that you are looking forward to seeing at the tourney?

Here are a few of mine:

- Jacob Markstrom. Could be an NHL starter within 2 years.
- Tomas Tatar. Sounds electric and had a great tourney last year. Can't wait to see him a little more this time.
- Igor Bobkov. Big Russian goalie that could have been drafted higher his draft year.
- Cam Fowler.
- Marcus Kruger.

Last edited:

Entrancemperium

Jul 30, 2005
I'm looking forward to seeing the four rangers prospects in the tourney namely Chris Kreider, Ryan Bourque and Derek Stepan for the US and Roman Horak for the Czechs.

I am also looking forward to seeing Vladimir Tarasenko for the russians.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
For me it has to be Taylor Hall. I have never seen him play so it will be fun. It will also be great to see Adam Larsson own his peers instead of seniors ;)

scott4683

May 9, 2009
canada
I am looking forward to seeing Luke Adam(He is from the same place as me).. But he needs to get more minutes..

ChicoEats

Formerly Ziggyluc
Mar 1, 2007
I really want to see the Devils prospects. So that's Josefson and Tedenby on Sweden and Henrique and Cormier on Canada. I'm also looking forward to seeing Markstrom and Tatar.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
Paajarvi!!!

oh, and I am also hoping to see big thing from Alex Pietrangelo... I am crossing fingers that he shows the hockey world why he has been so highly regarded in the last few years.

Trotzig

Oct 24, 2009
Tatar
A. Larsson
Hall
Krüger (Could turn into a real steal for Blackhawks if he adapts nicely to the smaller ice-surface)

BennyBST

Apr 16, 2007
Fairfield CT
Being an Islanders fan I look most forward to seeing Travis Hamonic and Calvin de Haan. I am also interested in seeing Matt Donovan for the US and Kirill Petrov for russia.

I can't wait to see Cam Fowler too!

Superscout

Aug 15, 2007
Adam Henrique for Canada. This guy was an absolute steal for the Devils and will be a very solid pro.

Phil McRae for Team USA. I thought he should have been named last year as he was on fire leading up to the tourney. This year is his opportunity to provide some offence, and he'll be leaned upon (as a 19 yr old) to provide leadership.

BlackAces*

Phil McRae for Team USA. I thought he should have been named last year as he was on fire leading up to the tourney. This year is his opportunity to provide some offence, and he'll be leaned upon (as a 19 yr old) to provide leadership.

Maybe a dumb question, but any chance that is Basil McRae's son/nephew?

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
It will be interesting to watch Tatar after his stellar last championship.
//: Oh, and Paarjarvi-Svensson is my favourite prospect.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
John Carlson watching him all last year in London was a treat I'd like to see how much better he's gottin'

Adam Larsson the kid should be playing in the U-17's..

Phil McRae I have also watched him for the last 4 year and hasn't been the player I thought he should maybe this big stage I will see something different.

justPlay

(>‿◠)✌
Jan 10, 2009
All of the Capitals prospects + Tatar, Team Sweden as a whole.

Edit: Tarasenko is a player to watch for sure too. Filatov should dominate.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
The Caps prospects mostly.

especially Carlson and Johansson.

With Carlson it will be interesting to see how he does (especially since he got ripped off last year by not getting the call) and how he plays against players that he should dominate physically. He has been a pro all season, and played against pros, so it should be interesting to watch.

For Johansson, I'm more interested in seeing him as a result of a bit of what I've seen from the RedWings game and then a few grainy internet feeds.

Urgi

Dec 25, 2008
Hall, Granlund, Paajarvi, A.Larsson (i havent seen him play against juniors before), Cormier (its fun to watch cheapshots :naughty: )

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Natrually the Canadian stars. Kreider& Stephan for the US.

The rest? I am not all that high on.

With the state of finnish, czech and slovak hockey in mind international tournaments have become a tad boring. Before you could atleast count on those 3 countrys to have a really really good player each tournament. Like a Gabby or T. Ruutu or Brendl or someone like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad