Players Who Will Re-Enter the Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
The following players were not signed by their NHL Teams (or the signings are not yet official)

BOS: Masi Marjamaki, Frank Rediker, Benoit Mondou, Patrik Valcak
BUF: Jeff Weber, Louis-Philippe Martin, Sergei Voroshnin
CGY: Jamie Tardif, Kevin Harvey
CAR: Aaron Dawson, Matej Trojovsky, Ryan Rorabeck
COL: David Svagrovsky, Darryl Yacboski
CBJ: Mathieu Gravel, Trevor Hendrix
DET: Vladimir Kutny
FLA: Dany Roussin
MIN: Adam Courchaine, Mathieu Melanson, Jean-Michel Bolduc
MTL: Dany Stewart, Mark Flood
NSH: Richard Stehlik
NJ: Joey Tenute
NYI: Cody Blanshan
OTT: Will Colbert
PHI: David Tremblay
PHX: Tyler Redenbach, Ryan Gibbons
SJ: Jonathan Tremblay
STL: Alexandre Bolduc, Jonathen Lehun
TOR: Shaun Landolt
VAN: Matthew Hansen
WSH: Mark Olafson

Last edited:

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I'm guessing a number of these players have been signed but just haven't been announced yet. The Oilers apparently signed Jacques, Pouliot and Bodie a few hours before the deadline but it wasn't released by the organization until after.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Thanks for giving the list, it'd be great if you'd edit it when some of these prospects' signing will be announced in the next few hours.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
It would really suck for Colorado Avalanche fans if they can't get Richardson signed. In my opinion, he'd go higher in this better 2005 draft, than he did in his previous draft. Not to mention, the only two prospects Colorado has offensively are Richardson and Wolski.

Not surprising that Bernier didn't get signed. I fully expect him to get drafted again, but not until extremely late. This draft is deep, deep, deep. Heck, Pouliot probably wouldn't even go first round if he does re-enter.

Jared Ramsden

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary
Kind of surprising to see the Flames not sign Jamie Tardif. I thought he had the most offensive upside of the picks that they could have signed.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Fedz said:
Not surprising that Bernier didn't get signed. I fully expect him to get drafted again, but not until extremely late. This draft is deep, deep, deep. Heck, Pouliot probably wouldn't even go first round if he does re-enter.

It would be surprising if Bernier isn't signed.

And if he re-enters, he certainly won't be picked extremely late.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Tb0ne said:
Steve Bernier!

I'd be shocked if he isn't signed.

If not, I hope the Canucks pick him up.
Too lazy to re-edit my previous post, so I got to ask.

Pick him up where? I wouldn't touch him until at least the 5th.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Roussin signed with Florida but it hasnt been announced supposeldy!!!!!!!! YES!. Does anyone know about Stefan Meyer? If he reenters, wow, he's an excellent and underrated prospect.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
Fedz said:
Too lazy to re-edit my previous post, so I got to ask.

Pick him up where? I wouldn't touch him until at least the 5th.

I don't know enough about drafting to say, but he definatly could fill some of our teams needs if he pans out.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Fedz said:

Are you crazy? Bernier has done nothing but take tremendous strides to becoming a very good all-around NHLer. If he were to re-enter (and apparently RDS is reporting he was signed), he would absolutely be a first rounder again.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
McDonald19 said:
I don't see why Anaheim wouldn't sign Nathan Saunders...I hope it will still be announced soon...
This also surprises me a bit.

Saunders isn't anything special, but he's got the potential to be a 3rd pairing NHL-type if things continue to progress. he had a bit of a tough season because he was asked to be a player that he just isn't, but nobody I spoke to seemed to think his ceiling was just a junior player so...definitely an interesting move if he hasn't been inked. He was very committed to moving forward with his career, going to the next level, when I spoke to him originally in November, and it didn't seem like anything had changed during the season.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
From the list at the time of writing this, I would say Stefan Meyer is probably the best of the lot to re-enter. (Assuming the announcement isn't coming later tonight). I've been really impressed with Meyer the last two years in MH (especially 03-04) and I think he has the potential to be a second-line scorer.

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
If Stefen Meyer was not signed Florida really has to shake their heads. Maybe he was look for more money than they wanted to spend on a 2nd round pick but if he re-enters I say he might even go in the first round of this year's draft.

When I spoke with Cody Blanshan he thought for sure he would be signed. I can assure you it would not have come down to money for Cody: he wants to play in the NHL and for the Islanders. Kinda shocked he wasn't signed. He will be drafted again.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Peter said:
When I spoke with Cody Blanshan he thought for sure he would be signed. I can assure you it would not have come down to money for Cody: he wants to play in the NHL and for the Islanders. Kinda shocked he wasn't signed. He will be drafted again.

are you sure about this? i just assume since he was a later round draft pick he wouldn't get much press.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
tsn.ca is reporting Panthers signed Meyer and Lojek and not Roussin. Although an member of Panthers board is good buddies with Roussin and he told him he had just signed with Panthers. Dunno what to believe before it's official

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad