Players to Watch 2020-21:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Greenwood, Cherki, Martial

Greenwood looked fantastic at the end of the year. It’ll be interesting to see if he can continue the progress.

Cherki is one of the best prospects in the world and with Lyon’s huge sell off, he should get every opportunity. Caqueret is also someone I want to watch for the same thing.

Martial seemed to turn the corner towards the end of last season. Ironic that it was at ST and not LW. It’ll be interesting to see if he can keep the form up and become a top tier striker.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
For barca Puig, Trincao FDJ and Messi

For Argentina Lisandro, Perez and Martinez

For footy in general Kai, KDB and Felix

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Lamptey: Brighton and Hove Albion RB:
Was arguably Brighton's best player post re-start. He turns 20 in 3 weeks and already shows maturity in his game. He is great going forward and proved to be a solid defender as well. Potter will get a lot out of him and if he can keep his level of play consistent in his first full time year, I bet he is sold for a solid profit next summer or the one after that.

Tristian Borges: OH Leuven:
After exploding on to the scene last year with Forge in the CPL, Borges will be playing his first full season in a top-flight European league. It will be interesting to see how he does for a couple reason, 1) being the obvious fact that he is Canadian and 2) being that he is the first CPL grad in Europe. His performances will help us draw more conclusions on some of the better prospects in the league.

Mac Allister: Brighton and Hove Albion CM:
Mac Allister has not been given much time to acclimatize to England since the whole pandemic thing happened. He played well in his brief stints under Potter but there is not much of a sample size to draw from. Hopefully he hits the ground running this year, he will have the opportunities and with Mooy out and some other older players in the MF, there is a spot up for grabs!

HM's: Emilio Estevez (ADO Den Haag), Ben White (Brighton and Hove Albion), Eze (Crystal Palace)

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Liverpool: Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott, Layton Stewart
Dutch: Mohamed Ihattaren, Sontje Hansen, Joey Veerman
General: Jeremy Doku, Jonathan David, Florian Wirtz

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dortmund: Bellingham, Reyna, Reinier
American: I won’t bother. Most here haven’t even heard of these guys.
General: Greenwood, Messi, Gravenberch

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Saliba for Arsenal if he doesn’t get injured. I’ll be surprised if he isn’t first choice by November.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Ajax:
1) Ryan Gravenberch
Pegged as a world class talent for years now. Seems ready. This could be his breakthrough season.

2) Antony
Lots of hype. Pre-season showed us glimpses of an insane skilful player. Will be watching him closely.

3) Noa Lang
Mentioned him before. Seems to have matured a lot. I think he’s better than Neres.

Dutch:
1) Arjen Robben
Of course. Very interesting to see him on the Eredivisie pitches again. Looked very fit in pre-season. Staying healthy is key, but double digit goals and assists wouldn’t shock me.

2) Hakim Ziyech
Could rack up tons of assists in this Chelsea squad. Hopefully he adapts well and quickly.

3) Cody Gakpo
Not a major fan of him. Don’t think he is destined for the top some pundits think he is. He’ll have every opportunity to shine now being a likely starter next to Malen and possibly Madueke. He’s a producer, for sure. Could score 15 and assist in bunches and make Oranje.

General:

1) Leroy Sané
Full time starter for the CL champs. He’ll do great I think. I am a fan of him and will be following closely.

2) Mike Tresor Ndayishimiye
Unknown Belgian CAM, but is impressing tons. Will move to a big(ger) team within a year.

3) Victor Oshimen
Napoli seems like a perfect fit, but he’ll have to score 25 goals to come near the worth of his pricetag.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I could say a lot of players, but I'll try and keep myself in check:

Barça:

Puig: Hopefully he gets the minutes. He's been such a spark for the team and I just saw a sequence from Spain U-21 duty where he still looked great.

Trincao: I fear he'll be played out of his best position, but so long as he gets the minutes that will be key. Hopefully his form from last season carries over to Barça.

Dembele: If he can stay healthy it will be very interesting to see what he can do.

Elsewhere:

Werner: He won me over last season and he's coming off a fantastic season that I don't think has been appropriately recognized because he's somehow been overshadowed.

Fernandes: First full season with United and Pogba will be there playing with him. He's already looking established, but now that he's surely more settled he could really take off.

Haaland: Similar to Fernandes, his first full season in his new league. Hakimi is gone, but if they can hold on to Sancho I'm curious what he'll post.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Dortmund: Bellingham, Reyna, Reinier
American: I won’t bother. Most here haven’t even heard of these guys.
General: Greenwood, Messi, Gravenberch

Saliba for Arsenal if he doesn’t get injured. I’ll be surprised if he isn’t first choice by November.

Ajax:
1) Ryan Gravenberch
Pegged as a world class talent for years now. Seems ready. This could be his breakthrough season.

2) Antony
Lots of hype. Pre-season showed us glimpses of an insane skilful player. Will be watching him closely.

3) Noa Lang
Mentioned him before. Seems to have matured a lot. I think he’s better than Neres.

Dutch:
1) Arjen Robben
Of course. Very interesting to see him on the Eredivisie pitches again. Looked very fit in pre-season. Staying healthy is key, but double digit goals and assists wouldn’t shock me.

2) Hakim Ziyech
Could rack up tons of assists in this Chelsea squad. Hopefully he adapts well and quickly.

3) Cody Gakpo
Not a major fan of him. Don’t think he is destined for the top some pundits think he is. He’ll have every opportunity to shine now being a likely starter next to Malen and possibly Madueke. He’s a producer, for sure. Could score 15 and assist in bunches and make Oranje.

General:

1) Leroy Sané
Full time starter for the CL champs. He’ll do great I think. I am a fan of him and will be following closely.

2) Mike Tresor Ndayishimiye
Unknown Belgian CAM, but is impressing tons. Will move to a big(ger) team within a year.

3) Victor Oshimen
Napoli seems like a perfect fit, but he’ll have to score 25 goals to come near the worth of his pricetag.

Some good shouts all things considered.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
A healthy Tierney will be interesting. He has the potential to be one of the best LB's in the Prem!

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Real Madrid; Mendy, Vinicius, Odegaard, Kubo

General; KDB, Messi (not against Madrid), Son, Camavinga, Havertz

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
David Zima
I have no idea how the Slavia scouts were able to dig up this guy from the 3rd tier. He's got everything to be an elite centre back and he's just about to turn 20 years old. If he shows well in the Champions League I could see him leaving to a top 5 league soon.

Teden Mengi
With no CB signing on the way, it seems the coast is clear for Mengi to challenge for a spot in the first team. Ole seems to rate him too, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him as the 3rd choice this season.

Lee Kang-In
With the shitshow going on at Valencia, he'll probably be relied on way more than ever before at the senior level.

Reactions: Gecklund

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Liverpool: Curtis Jones, I think I’ve said this a few months ago. Huge breakout season is coming.

Overall: Tomas Soucek. He hasn’t even played for West Ham all that much. What I want to see is if he can become truly dominant and make the next step forward.

Dominik Szoboszlai. Same deal, he took a big leap and for some reason nobody swooped in. In the CL for another year I think he may be able to advance Salzburg.

Tete. This guy plays for Shakhtar. Watch him and you’ll instantly see what I mean. He’s only 20. This guy will be long gone by next summer and really should be gone now. He has good end product, but teams may be put off by all the tricks.

Reactions: Aladyyn

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Since I primarily watch the premier league

James Rodriguez, Eberechi Eze, Ollie Watkins, Ben White and Fabio Silva if he plays much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad