Players that you thought would make it but never did for some reason.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Guys from my junior team (chicoutimi) that should have been much better:

1-stanislav Lascek
2-Marek Zagrapan
3-ramzi abid
4-Éric fichaud

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Still waiting on Turris and Hamill, looking like big busts now, Backlund and Eller not exactly lighting it up either.

DJyellow

Sponsor
May 9, 2002
Laval
Still waiting on Turris and Hamill, looking like big busts now, Backlund and Eller not exactly lighting it up either.

a bit early for Eller, points are not there but he has been playing well. This was his first full season in the NHL, so I think he'll break out soon...

I remember thinking Gilbert Dionne would become a star after a promising rookie season

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
a bit early for Eller, points are not there but he has been playing well. This was his first full season in the NHL, so I think he'll break out soon...

I remember thinking Gilbert Dionne would become a star after a promising rookie season

I give Eller 1 more year, this will be his 5th since drafted, I give forwards 5 seasons after they have been drafted to breakout, if they don't they can be considered busts until proven otherwise.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Alexander Svitov
Stanislav Chistov
Kris Beech
Jamie Lundmark
Lauri Tukonen
Petr Taticek
Andrei Taratukhin
Pavel Brendl
Marcel Hossa

These players came to mind immediately for me.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
Marty Murray

He did have some success, but his junior career was so stellar. Little guy in the wrong era, drafted by a team with some already talented smaller players. I think he was top forward at wjc and whl MVP off the top of my head.

superhakan

Gaudreauby Baker
Dec 2, 2008

Turris is beginning to break out, Eller and Backlund were in their rookie seasons and werent given the oppurtunity the other rookies were. WAY too early to start calling them busts.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
1. Not even on this year's Oiler team was he a top line forward.
2. Hall and Eberle are rookies. Hall was a pretty good rookie who got injured and Eberle was a good rookie who also got hurt.
3. It's still silly to call Gagner a bust. He was the 6th overall pick in a weak draft and he's producing like a 2nd liner on a horrific team, and he's still really young. Van Riemsdyk, who was drafted #2 overall in the same draft, has put up 40 points on a far more talented team and yet no sane hockey viewer would have called him a bust even before the playoffs (and now they're calling him the next big power forward).
4. Gagner put up those 42 points in 68 games, which would put him slightly ahead of 50 point pace.
5. Who the hell cares what he put up in Junior? Why would that be held against him? Why are you trying translate stats on a stacked OHL team into stats on a miserable NHL team?

1. Yes he was.

2. 6th in a weak draft, 6th in any draft is not weak, Gagner was still looked upon as a high end guy weak draft or not, van Riemsdyk sees not nearly as much icetime as Gagner does.

5. It does matter what he did in junior, you are basically excusing him from being a top prospect, when this is not the case, his NHL team wasn't that bad this year, Hall and Eberle and Paajarvi, are slouches, really.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
David Legwan made it but I expected a little more offense, could just be the coaching style or team

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Daniel Tkaczuk
All of the 1999 Draft

Tim Connolly, good player, bad luck with head injuries, Pyatt, solid 3rd liner, Saprykin, not a bad player, some tough injury luck, Tanabe, solid D man had injury end his career, B. Jackman solid D man, N. Boynton solid D man, Havlat and the Sedins was mentioned, Commodore solid D man, Leopold solid D man, Hall solid 3rd/4th liner, N. Hagman, F. Kaberle, N. Havelid, M. Comrie, C. Kelly, R. Malone, R. Miller outstanding keeper, C. Anderson not bad keeper, M. Erat, H. Zetterberg All-Star, R. Martinek, D. Murray.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad