Players that coaches be loved but the fans hated

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Melker Karlsson and PDB

Honestly you can also put PDB in the category of coaches players love but fans hate
This is what immediately came to mind, but hate is a strong word for melker. It was more hate towards pdb for playing him beyond his capabilities.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
This is what immediately came to mind, but hate is a strong word for melker. It was more hate towards pdb for playing him beyond his capabilities.
Yeah I agree. I actually really liked Melker as a fourth liner. He was good in the community, seemed well liked in the room, was solid on the PK, and not a liability at even strength. It was as soon as you moved him above the fourth line which happened way too often.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Yeah I agree. I actually really liked Melker as a fourth liner. He was good in the community, seemed well liked in the room, was solid on the PK, and not a liability at even strength. It was as soon as you moved him above the fourth line which happened way too often.
Melker had his place on the team for sure but Pete kept thinking him playing up would result in anything but failure.

Reactions: Gecklund

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
TBH Chevy has done a decent job of getting rid of the players that "be loved" by Maurice so he's forced to play better guys - now he just overplays the top line

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Craig Adams in his last 2 or 3 years with the Penguins. Pretty much 9/10 pens fans felt he was a waste of space and was keeping younger/better players from getting a shot, there was a collective sigh of relief when he finally went un-resigned. Most of us were convinced that Bylsma saw himself in Adams as they were similar players back when he was playing, and that's why he kept icing him

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad