Players that are not NHL caliber

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
I'm not sure about "beer league", but I know on the Sabres I'd rather see Derek Grant, Nic Deslauriers and Hudson Fasching in the AHL right now instead of in Buffalo.

Fasching will probably develop into a solid NHLer with time, but I don't think Grant has that potential and I really wouldn't mind never seeing Deslauriers play another game in the Sabres organization.

Cody Franson can kick rocks too.

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
Another vote for Chris Vande Velde.

Im not sure there has ever been more of a fluke in NHL history than that guy scoring 10 goals in a single season. I don't believe he has 10 goals outside of that one season and I don't think he will score another ten goals for the rest of his entire career.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Roman Polak. Literally every breakout pass is a slap shot hoping his winger at the red line will do god knows what with it...

redfzn

Nov 12, 2007
NYC
bmcccuny.facebook.com
Where is Dylan McIlrath at? I loved reading the excuses but they said on TV he might be waiver bait pretty soon.

Idk what AV's deal with Mac is because he's pretty good at his job and has been in the little games he's allowed to dress for. It's a ****ing shame really. He may be typecast or something in AV's eyes. Believe me, it's not just me.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Luca Sbisa

Maybe a #7 dman on a bad team in terms of talent. If he was undrafted, he'd probably be out of the league by now.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Iginla.

Take away the Powerplay and he's useless at this age. Even with the Powerplay...

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Wow. He must have deteriorated significantly. He was a 25-25 player just last year

Go ask any Avalanche fan who have actually watched him play rather than look at a stat sheet.

Guy gets spoonfed his points now. He doesn't know what a board battle is anymore. Can't skate. Takes stupid penalties. Can't hold onto the puck.

The best shifts that involve his line are when he's on the bench and someone has taken his spot.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Mark Stuart hasn't been that bad this year but he still isn't an nhl player

Spade

Resident Tool
Mar 12, 2014
Digging a Hole
Was Bollig but he is gone. Leaves Grossman but he is tolerable as a #7.

Or at least would be, if he wasn't being used as a 5/6 right now. Nice guy, but he really only rotates with Kulak because he's the veteran, because Kulak has done very well given expectations (i.e. hasn't been noticeably bad for the most part, besides a few mistakes here and there due to strength/experience gap or standard coverage breakdowns like the rest of the team).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad