Value of: Players of interest to me (looking for information)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Makes sense, NJD would presumably be looking at him for that exact role of a number 4 dman who brings physicality.

I like Rossi personally. Always open to bringing in potentially distressed assets, and a 3C could be of interest. He's certainly more expensive but similar in terms of a target as Turcotte.

Jack line would be offensive

Nico would be 2 way dominance

3rd line with Rossi, Palat, Haula, Mercer, Holtz as options on it would provide more offense

And then a gritty defensive 4th line built around Lazar.
I don't see Rossi as being a "distressed asset", at all. He had a very nice rookie season. I think that his future is as a 2C with offensive ability, not that he's bad defensively. I don't see him being an ideal fit on NJD, unless you plan to move Hughes to the wing.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Mathieu Joseph would be hard to pry out of Ottawa but if Marino was made available there could be something there

Reactions: Nevins

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If gustavsson is made available: ask according to wild beat writer will be 2nd with roster player/ prospect which can help wild now ) . Gus can also be used as a part of large trade

Wallstedt ( He’s absolutely not Available) Nothing short of a 1C will convince wild to move him and that’s a big if
This is not what Russo said…

He said either a 2nd OR a roster player OR to move up in the 1st round.

Reactions: dgibb10

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Listed below are a list of players I'd have interest in targeting as NJD in the offseason. If you are a fan of a team that they play for, would love to hear any info about availability, potential contracts, roles they play, strengths, weaknesses, what your team would be looking for in a trade, if they're available, what value they are.

Basically just any information you have regarding the player.

To avoid potential misinterpretation with bias if you could put valuations in terms of pick value, with the specific team needs alongside that would be great.

D: M Pettersson, Ferraro, McDonagh, Skjei, Gavrikov, Michael Anderson, Samuelson, Lindell, Guhle, Pelech, Middleton, Walman, Fehevary, Girard, McNabb, R Lindgren, Alec Martinez, Dillon, Cole, Zadorov, Hague, Ryan Johnson, Broberg

G: Freddy Andersen, Stolarz, Saros, Georgiev, UPL, Jarry, Ingram, LT, Gustafsson, Swayman, Montembault, Ullmark, Hill, Knight, Askarov, Wallstedt

F: Newhook, Rossi, Sam Bennett, J Evans, Eller, Frost, Laughton, Pius Suter, Nic Roy, M Geekie, Lundell, Dowd , Dvorak, Sturm, R McLeod, Malenstyn, Colton, Turcotte, Barbashev, E Rodrigues, Martinook, Trenin, Jesper Boqvist, Foegele, Trent Frederic, Fast, NAK, Jeannot, Duhaime, Wennberg, Kerfoot, Joseph

Ideally looking for speed and size to add to the bottom 6, a goalie, and an LD who can play a shutdown role paired with Marino, kill penalties, and be an effective breakout passer

Thanks

Nico-Bratt-Meier
Jack-Palat-Mercer
Haula-????-Holtz
?????-?????-Lazar
Siegs-Hamilton
?????-Marino
Luke-Nemec
????
Allen

????
Bahl
Bastian
Girard is fantastic with breakouts and zone entry prevention. Also good at two on ones or odd mans. Small but fiesty. Muffin shot is his biggest weakness imo, otherwise hes a 50 point guy just with his agility and puck distribution. Top 4 dman all day, but needs a defensive partner like manson. I can see him traded if the Avs can keep Walker. I dont see the Avs having less than 3 high end skaters on D, the system relies on it.

Trenin and Duhaime are awesome, if landeskog LTIRetires, they are all brought back. Duhaime has surprisingly good hockey sense/decision making offensively. Got top 6 mins for a while. Has untapped potential maybr even 40 points. Trenin is load in front of the net. Both are coachable players.

Reactions: dgibb10

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Girard is fantastic with breakouts and zone entry prevention. Also good at two on ones or odd mans. Small but fiesty. Muffin shot is his biggest weakness imo, otherwise hes a 50 point guy just with his agility and puck distribution. Top 4 dman all day, but needs a defensive partner like manson. I can see him traded if the Avs can keep Walker. I dont see the Avs having less than 3 high end skaters on D, the system relies on it.

Trenin and Duhaime are awesome, if landeskog LTIRetires, they are all brought back.
I'm a big fan of Girard but I worry NJD will be overly focused on size. He'd be a great pair to Marino imo.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Has Jeannot been that bad? I was looking at him as a target for the Miles Wood role

Where did you see a proposal? I listed about 100 names of guys I'd be interested in looking for more insight and info. Nowhere did I make a proposal of any kind

Understandable.

My expectation for Dvorak 50% or Evans would be around a 3rd in value?
To those who understand his play style and abilties; no.
That being typed, many Tampa fans expected far more from him given what the organization traded for him and he may very well never meet their expectations.
Rather than placing the blame for the poor season the Lightning have had on the highly paid under performing fan favorites, many fans are using Jeannot as the scapegoat. That in itself shows the level of actual hockey knowledge of some of the folks posting comments.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Trenin and Duhaime are awesome, if landeskog LTIRetires, they are all brought back. Duhaime has surprisingly good hockey sense/decision making offensively. Got top 6 mins for a while. Has untapped potential maybr even 40 points. Trenin is load in front of the net. Both are coachable players.
LOL, which Girard are you promoting here?

Samuel Girard is small, soft and brittle. He get's routinely bullied in the playoffs and is a complete liability when the hitting game increases. Teams target Girard because he plays scared in the playoffs. He has never ever come close to 50 points. In a good year he's a 30-35 point dman. On top of all those warts, he has other issues (alcohol) that have forced him into the player assistance program. At 5M caphit for another 3 x years, its gonna be very difficult to find a taker. I don't see anyone coveting a player like Girard. Avs will have to retain on Girard to bring his cap hit in line with the risk that he is as player.

For a team like NJD that is soft and gets bullied, a player like Girard is the last thing they are looking for. Plus, they already have a small dman in Seamus Casey in the pipeline. No way they have dual smurfs like Casey and Girard in the lineup.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Bill guerin. A gm asking price for Rossi is different from a fan , so stop acting like it’s a fan asking for something. It’s also a devils poster who wrote this post. So step off your high and mighty. A gm asking price is different from fan blatant not understanding something. So you can stop getting frustrated over wallstedt not getting traded
:laugh:

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024

Duhaime and Trenin have been some of my favourite targets for a while now (Trenin is probably my number 1 biggest UFA target this offseason).

If it weren't for all the injuries and other stuff they would have been my trade targets for an NJD cup run this year, along with probably hanifin

Hughes-Haula-Mercer
Hischier-Palat-Bratt
Mcleod-Meier-Holtz
Trenin-Lazar-Duhaime
Siegs-Hamilton
Hanifin-Marino
Hughes-Nemec
Miller
Bastian
Smith
Kahkonen
Allen

Would have been the team I would have tried to build. Shipping out Toffoli to pay for Trenin and Duhaime, and then Bahl+1st for Hanifin

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
From Edmonton, Foegele will cost you nothing but ~3.5M worth of cap hit.
Ryan MacLeod will cost a lot more and will only be traded if the Oilers are filling his roster spot with a better but cheaper player.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
You already have Kurtis MacDermid, no reason to pursue Jeannot or any other physical bodyguard type player.

MacDermid is a UFA this summer. They don’t really ‘have’ him, he’ll go to the highest bidder this summer (if any bidders exist at all)

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
MacDermid is a UFA this summer. They don’t really ‘have’ him, he’ll go to the highest bidder this summer (if any bidders exist at all)
Kurtis Macdermid can make 775k in the AHL and come up when we play the rangers

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Kurtis Macdermid can make 775k in the AHL and come up when we play the rangers
Jeannot's Cap hit is $2,665,000 for this season and next.
In today's age of salary cap issues and strategies, which contract is easier to justify for a player providing what MacDermid and Jeannot do?

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Jeannot's Cap hit is $2,665,000 for this season and next.
In today's age of salary cap issues and strategies, which contract is easier to justify for a player providing what MacDermid and Jeannot do?
Jeannot. I have seen jeannot play effective NHL hockey, and I see a role for him. Kurtis Macdermid is a goon where you are commiting to running 11 forwards.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Zadorov has been great in the playoffs seems like hes gonna get 4-6 year deal at a 4-4.5 million dollars AAV, Cole probably gets a 1-2 year deal at 2.5-3.5 million dollars.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
From Edmonton, Foegele will cost you nothing but ~3.5M worth of cap hit.
Ryan MacLeod will cost a lot more and will only be traded if the Oilers are filling his roster spot with a better but cheaper player.
i think he was talking about michael mcleod (this season, other stuff).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So:
-Gustafsson unavailable?
-Wallstedt is the starting goalie next year?
-Fleury just resigned with an NMC that means he cannot be sent down

Either Wallstedt spends another year in the minors, Gustafsson hits the block, or Minnesota runs 3 goalies
My feeling is that MN will trade Gus if they get something good for him this summer, but otherwise, are content to cook Wallstedt down in the AHL, and wait till the TDL to move Gus.
Right now he can't be worth much after a mediocre(and that's being kind) season. If he reverts to his 22-23 form he will be worth a good deal more, though at that point you'd think that MN might not be willing to trade him. Catch 22.

Wallstedt might be ready for the NHL right now, but he might not. He would be just one injury away(to a 40 yo) from being THE starter if Gus is traded now. Not sure if that's the wisest development path.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
i think he was talking about michael mcleod (this season, other stuff).
No I was talking about Ryan. From a practical standpoint it would probably be the worst PR move possible to acquire him.

But from a hockey standpoint a 2 way 3C with elite skating is exactly what NJD needs in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad