Players i U-20 World Championschip

dwightkurt

May 25, 2006
Wich player should we keep a oye one in the U-20 World Championschip this year.
Nicklas Bäckström from Sweden is one. But who else?

Is Sidney Crosby going to play for Canada?
And i also wounder, is Nicklas Bergfors, New Jersey Devils going to avablie for the swedish team?

Sorry for my bad english.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Wich player should we keep a oye one in the U-20 World Championschip this year.
Nicklas Bäckström from Sweden is one. But who else?

Is Sidney Crosby going to play for Canada?
And i also wounder, is Nicklas Bergfors, New Jersey Devils going to avablie for the swedish team?

Sorry for my bad english.

Crosby is a little busy with the NHL so he obviously wont be there. As far as drafted players go, for Canada the defense is where i think i would focus with Bourdon, Staal, Parent etc. For USA i would pay special attention to the Johnsons and Okposo. Frolik and Tlusty are two czech's to keep an eye on.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Off the top of my head.....

Canada --- Staal, Toews, Brassard, Bourdon, Parent, Cogliano
Czech Republic --- Hanzal, Tlusty, Frolik, Kindl, Pavalec, Kana
Finland --- Rask, Laakso, Lindgren, Joensuu,
Russia --- Varlamov, Zubov, Krysanov, Buravchikov, Makarov
Slovakia --- Bartanus, Mihalik, Simek, Skokan
Sweden --- Backstrom, Bergfors, Hjalmarsson, Berglund, Pettersson
USA --- Johnson & Johnson, Ryan, Mueller, Skille, Lee

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
My top 3 favorites have to be Sweden Canada and USA...Sweden ran over Czech, Russia and Finland at the u20 four nations tourney this past weekend without Bergfors or Backstrom.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
For the U.S. I'd keep an eye on Pat Kane, who could have a big role offensively-especially if Phil Kessel stays with Boston.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I think the Czechs are being overlooked.
They've got some serious depth at forward (Frolik, Hanzal, Tlusty, Kana, Kalus, Voracek, Pospisil, Sobotka, Repik, Fiala). Pavalec is good in goal too.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Germany's roster should be the best they had in years, if not a decade. Even though they lost the best goalie prospect this country had in the recent past (Thomas Greiss).

Not that they have any real chance, but if they can surprise someone it would be this time, because the following age-groups aren't quite as good.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
My top 3 favorites have to be Sweden Canada and USA...Sweden ran over Czech, Russia and Finland at the u20 four nations tourney this past weekend without Bergfors or Backstrom.

Ran over? Finland lost by one goal to the Czechs and Sweden and on penalties to Russia. Finland was without Rask and Lindgren and Laakso got injured in the Sweden game so he missed a part of that game and the last game against Russia.

And it's a fact that those one goal games could've easily gone the other way had Rask been in net.

Lindgren would've helped the scoring.

I didn't think Sweden was that impressive. Russia disappointed me, I don't know who they are missing from their possible WJC team, but if they aren't missing anyone, I think Russia might not even finish in the top 4 this year.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Ran over? Finland lost by one goal to the Czechs and Sweden and on penalties to Russia. Finland was without Rask and Lindgren and Laakso got injured in the Sweden game so he missed a part of that game and the last game against Russia.

And it's a fact that those one goal games could've easily gone the other way had Rask been in net.

Lindgren would've helped the scoring.

I didn't think Sweden was that impressive. Russia disappointed me, I don't know who they are missing from their possible WJC team, but if they aren't missing anyone, I think Russia might not even finish in the top 4 this year.

While we finnished second in the tournament, there we no trully significant absences. The roster will be tweaked for the World Juniors with some forwards making room for other "on the bubble" forwards, but that was basically it. Hopefully Bumagin and Trukhno are included, and make a difference... but team Russia is definitely not a favourite.

Last edited:

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Off the top of my head.....

Canada --- Staal, Toews, Brassard, Bourdon, Parent, Cogliano
Czech Republic --- Hanzal, Tlusty, Frolik, Kindl, Pavalec, Kana
Finland --- Rask, Laakso, Lindgren, Joensuu,
Russia --- Varlamov, Zubov, Krysanov, Buravchikov, Makarov
Slovakia --- Bartanus, Mihalik, Simek, Skokan
Sweden --- Backstrom, Bergfors, Hjalmarsson, Berglund, Pettersson
USA --- Johnson & Johnson, Ryan, Mueller, Skille, Lee

Brassard won't be there since he's out for almost all the season due to an injury. And you forgot Okposo for team USA!;)
Oh! And Simek play for the Swiss team not Slovakia.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad