Proposal: Player Target : Martin Necas

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I follow prospects pretty closely. Yeah I think the 2025 forward class is deeper than 2024s. And I'm confident 2026 is gonna be deeper than both. Things have potential to change, but as far highend talent the 2026 class is looking elite. Gavin McKenna(Near Bedard production, on better team, but still), Viggo Björck(Over PPG on swedeish u17 as the only 08 on the roster, I.E. he was good enough to skip the u16 team of his fellow 08s), Ryan Roobroeck, Noah Kosick, Mathis Preston. The USA has a number of players showing really high potential players that are joining USNDTP or the ushl next season. The list is long, but JP Hulbert and Mikey Bearchild to name just 2. I specifically think the Swedish group in this draft year is exceptionally stronger than usual outside of Björck, Elton Hermansson, Ivan Sternberg(Late 07), Oscar Holmertz, Måns Josbrandt, a few more too. Filip Novak, Adam Novotný, and for me to a lesser extent Simon Katolicky are all very promising for the czechs. Russia has a few very impressive guys I want to see in the MHL, the one that gets the most hype is Fyodorov, but he has a couple peers worth monitoring and could end up better.

The 2025 class should be good a lot of talent there, but yeah I am very confident 2026 will not only be deeper, but have better top picks. McKenna and Björck are very advanced for this stage of development. Ryabkin, Hagens, Ihs Wozniak, and few others are really promising for 2025. To put it in context McKenna 97 points as a 15-16 year old in the WHL were only surpassed by drafted players, players who will be Drafted this year, or undrafted 20 year olds. So if you do not buy what I'm selling, I really hope you will at least hear me out on McKenna
If you or anybody else was actually able to project how good the depth of a draft class was going to be years ahead of time, an NHL franchise would be throwing a ton of money at you/them.

Your account is 4 years old, and I'm sure you have "followed prospects pretty closely" for even longer. I am sure you can point to something that would help prove you have this insight that pro sports organizations haven't been able to master? Previous post that projected how good or bad a draft class would be, something from twitter etc , I'm sure you have some sort of recipt.

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
If you or anybody else was actually able to project how good the depth of a draft class was going to be years ahead of time, an NHL franchise would be throwing a ton of money at you/them.

Your account is 4 years old, and I'm sure you have "followed prospects pretty closely" for even longer. I am sure you can point to something that would help prove you have this insight that pro sports organizations haven't been able to master? Previous post that projected how good or bad a draft class would be, something from twitter etc , I'm sure you have some sort of recipt.
No I have no proof. It is talked about though. Players pop up on the radar, get scouted, go to the next level, get scouted again, next level, scouted again, then teams set there draft orders.

You say no one knows, it is impossible. Okay, I have a way to test it, it is a bit of story. When I was 14, we added a kid from the birth year lower to my team. He didn't do all that great, but he assured he was sick at his own birth year. I said sure ya are bud. Even then, He got a lot of attention from scouts and was very plugged in. After he went back down to his own birth year, He ended up on USNDTP then played D1 at UCONN followed by a short ECHL Stint. When he was 13 he told me scouts already knew the 97 birth year had a way deeper talent pool than the 96 birth year. I thought yeah right bud.

As this exactly applies to topic here lets review the statement my guy made 3‐5 years prior to 96/97 birth year draft years.

97s:

Connor McDavid, Auston Matthews, Mitch Marner, Kaprizov, Matthew Tkachuk, Sebastian Aho, Barzal, Boeser, Hanifin, Konecny, Brandon Carlo, Charlie McAvoy, Debrincat, Adam Fox, Tage Thompson, Chabot, Dylan Strome, Troy Terry

96s:

Pasta, Eichel, Rantanen, Kyle Connor, Brayden Point, Will Nylander, Dylan Larkin, Kevin Fiala, Kempe, Ehlers, Roope Hintz, Nick Schmaltz, Ekblad, Alex Tuch, Sam Bennett, Sanheim

Which team are you taking? Did the scout that told my boy the 97s have a better group have his head up his bum? Or was he right? I think it is pretty close, but the 97s win for D and McDavid might just make me lean 97 forwards, but the 96s have a really balanced group of star forwards so it is tough

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
No I have no proof. It is talked about though. Players pop up on the radar, get scouted, go to the next level, get scouted again, next level, scouted again, then teams set there draft orders.

You say no one knows, it is impossible. Okay, I have a way to test it, it is a bit of story. When I was 14, we added a kid from the birth year lower to my team. He didn't do all that great, but he assured he was sick at his own birth year. I said sure ya are bud. Even then, He got a lot of attention from scouts and was very plugged in. After he went back down to his own birth year, He ended up on USNDTP then played D1 at UCONN followed by a short ECHL Stint. When he was 13 he told me scouts already knew the 97 birth year had a way deeper talent pool than the 96 birth year. I thought yeah right bud.

As this exactly applies to topic here lets review the statement my guy made 3‐5 years prior to 96/97 birth year draft years.

97s:

Connor McDavid, Auston Matthews, Mitch Marner, Kaprizov, Matthew Tkachuk, Sebastian Aho, Barzal, Boeser, Hanifin, Konecny, Brandon Carlo, Charlie McAvoy, Debrincat, Adam Fox, Tage Thompson, Chabot, Dylan Strome, Troy Terry

96s:

Pasta, Eichel, Rantanen, Kyle Connor, Brayden Point, Will Nylander, Dylan Larkin, Kevin Fiala, Kempe, Ehlers, Roope Hintz, Nick Schmaltz, Ekblad, Alex Tuch, Sam Bennett, Sanheim

Which team are you taking? Did the scout that told my boy the 97s have a better group have his head up his bum? Or was he right? I think it is pretty close, but the 97s win for D and McDavid might just make me lean 97 forwards, but the 96s have a really balanced group of star forwards so it is tough
Mother of God this is painful.

Reactions: denominator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad