Player Resignings - Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Would like the admin and other GM's point of view on the following:

"Should player contracts signed during the year be announced officially by the league."

I'll set up a poll but all comments welcome.

PS To admin team. I can help administor this by being responsible to post all new signings. All Reggie would have to do is CC myself.

My point of view is Yes.

1. Its difficult to plan the upcoming FA season because you're not sure who's signed.
2. Due to the cap, I feel this would help GM in negotiating with the ever tenacious Reggie.
3. The NHL does it, we should as well.

Claudio

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Good idea, Claudio. That would help making UFA-signing plans and also when trading for pending RFAs (or re-signed ones...).

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
On that last point, any time you're discussing a player that appears to be a pending FA, it behooves you to ask the GM what their contract status is.

That said, I'm not opposed to the idea of an FA tracker. Start the year with a list of all the pending FAs (those who are already signed players in the sim) and then knock them off as they re-sign.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Ohio Jones said:
That said, I'm not opposed to the idea of an FA tracker. Start the year with a list of all the pending FAs (those who are already signed players in the sim) and then knock them off as they re-sign.

Yeah I definitely like that approach to it.

Just like the trade log/tracker, it's interesting to see what other GM's in the league are doing.

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
FA Tracker

Good point Doug and from my standpoint I always ask.

The reason I posted this is in regards to a situation as follows and I'll use the HF Flyers as a specific example, which holds true in the NHL.

ie

Flyers are trying to resign Hasik and his agent is asking for a sum of money that I may not want to pay, however, if there are no offseason choices then I may pay a premium to resign him. BUT, if I know that to date, Theodore, Osgood, Prusek, Gerber, etc... may be still be available the urgency for me to sign Hasek won't be as high because they're other choices. That also limits what Reggie should be able to ask because the market may be flooded in the offseason.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
If Reggie could send me an up to date list of signings, I'll start working on getting the list on the website tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'll post the players I've re-signed. If anyone else wants to follow suit, we may be able to get an idea of who's still schuedled to hit the market and whos not.

Rangers Players re-signed:

Marc Savard - 4 years
John-Michael Liles - 4 years
Freddy Meyer - 3 years

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Hawks signings

I believe this is correct as I lost all my emails...maybe Reggie can verify and also send me the email confirmation he sent me a couple weeks ago....I'm not going to disclose the terms as I believe it will hinder potential signings and affect Reggie's negotiation process.

recenly re-signed

Kovalev
Klee
Khavanov
Konowalchuk
Sakic

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
The list of pending UFA's including info on who has been re-signed is posted. Once I receive the list of potential RFA's that have signed extensions, I will post the RFA list. Hope this helps with deadline trade talks :)

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
You're quick, Doug ;)

I just made another posting on the main board with more info... I must have been writing it as you were reading my last one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad