PGDT-Poll: Player of the Game- Lightning @ Isles 01-21-13...Grabner & Ullstrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
Tavares, made about 10 phenomenal passes. Grabner was great, big bounce back game for Okposo, Martin & Ullstrom looked good. Frans Nielsen sucked.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Damn, forgot to add Ullstrom. My bad bro, nice goal and you played a hell of a game!

Voted for Grabs, he was flying out there again and being menacing.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
best players were:

- tavares (was all over the place, could have had a 6-7pt game with any luck and wasn't even as sharp as he can be)
- ullstrom (six shots, smart, fiesty, nice goal)
- grabner (played 20min, could have had 2-3 goals easily)
- okposo played really well

others:
- aucoin was good, nielsen as always, cizikas had some jump in his limited ice time.
- macdonald/hamonic (never get enough credit)
- nabokov (was there when it mattered)

Islander Prophet

Oct 31, 2010
London, UK
Close call between Grabner and Streit.

In the end, im giving it to Grabner for the second consecutive game (what a start to the season he is having)

Hyphistos

Jul 16, 2012
Vienna
Definitely Grabner. Not even close. Then come Ullstrom, Aucoin and Tavares. Although JT has room for improvement - speaks for him that is still one of the best.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Voted Ullstrom. I expect this guy to force the coaching staff into giving him top-six minutes. He's big, talented, smart and busts his ass. Can't ask for anything more.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Grabner... Played unreal and should have had an amazing behind the back no look assist on a Nielsen goal if Frans could actually hit the net. He was everywhere today.

Ullstrom... Very strong game from him as well. Had a few great shots on net along with the goal and was noticeable for all the right reasons out there.

StumpNYI

Sep 10, 2010
I voted Grabner, Ullstrom, and Tavares but I added other so I could give Hamonic some props. He was owning people in the corners. He just man handles them. Tampa forwards couldn't get the puck deep and set anything up with Hammer in the way. Beast.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I voted Grabner, Ullstrom, and Tavares but I added other so I could give Hamonic some props. He was owning people in the corners. He just man handles them. Tampa forwards couldn't get the puck deep and set anything up with Hammer in the way. Beast.

As much as I'd like to spread out what will probably be our two best defensive defensemen, the potential of a Reinhart-Hamonic shut-down pairing is pretty sick. Could be our version of Alzner-Carlson except with more offensive potential. Hamonic is a beast.

Puckzilla13

Jan 19, 2013
Fort Myers, FL
Grabner, hands-down. He was great in the offensive zone, but even better defensively and on the PK.

JT played well, but is it just me or is carrying the puck in his own zone a little too much? Not worried about him - just an observation. Probably held the puck a lot more in Bern.

Incarnadine Sea

Mar 4, 2011
Long Island
Any time you have a fairly even distribution of votes in the player of the game poll, it shows the Islanders had a very good game. They played as a team today.

StumpNYI

Sep 10, 2010
As much as I'd like to spread out what will probably be our two best defensive defensemen, the potential of a Reinhart-Hamonic shut-down pairing is pretty sick. Could be our version of Alzner-Carlson except with more offensive potential. Hamonic is a beast.

Could be just what the doctor ordered for these 3rd period meltdowns. Reinhart's calm play to help the team relax and Hamonic's physical play keeps the other team intimidated.

Brain Hemorrhage

Jan 16, 2003
Boston, MA
By the way, honorable mention to Keith Aucoin. He is the second best passer on this team, right after Tavares. He is an even better passer than Parenteau. He just needs to keep plugging away and he could get a real chance on this team to shine.

It's too bad he is 5'8" and not as great a shooter as he is a passer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad