Player Name Game

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
So this is going to be a long season and we really don't have much to talk about except the team name and mock drafts for the next few months.

So, let's play a game. I’m going to post the picture and name of a hockey player. You post the picture and name of a hockey player whose name with the last letter of my hockey player’s name.

I’ve got Jonathan Toews (since you might as well start with the best) the next person posts a pic and name of someone whose name starts with S since Toews ends with S.

Bonus points (there are no points) for posting a player that might wind up on our roster next season. Feel free to discuss the players that are posted for any reason. Like I said, bonus points for players that might be exposed to the expansion draft (again, there really aren't points. :) )

jonathan_toews100411.jpg

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Do you have to match the first name with the last letter of the previous player? If you do, the two posters above have already messed up the game.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Do you have to match the first name with the last letter of the previous player? If you do, the two posters above have already messed up the game.

Meh, either way I guess. I was thinking first names, but you're going to miss out on a lot of people if we do it that way. You'll never see a James Reimer, for example since there aren't many last names ending with the letter J.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Viktor Stalberg, a 2017 UFA, who will be 31 years old, is a banging role player on a 'Canes team without many options for Vegas to choose from if Carolina re-signs him midseason..

stalberg2.jpg

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
Meh, either way I guess. I was thinking first names, but you're going to miss out on a lot of people if we do it that way. You'll never see a James Reimer, for example since there aren't many last names ending with the letter J.

I'm in agreement with BB's interpretation, and suggest it function as the rule to keep as many (interesting) players on the table as possible.

images

Gabriel Landeskog

114151211058_Kings_at_Penguins.jpg

Marian Gaborik

Depending on how he plays when he gets back from injury could be one of our more attractive (albeit risky) options that the Kings expose. We currently have a *lot* of cap room :sarcasm:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'd pay extra on every ticket if it meant not having Kane on this team. I don't care how skilled he is. There couldn't be a worse fit.

erikkarlsson11.jpg

Erik Karlsson

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm not saying he should wind up here, just that we're going to hear that he should. :laugh:

635905396689849403-GettyImages-469070378.jpg

Nick Cousins, another likely unprotected feller.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
be91a5d5681e6f3d8264d1b247de80a9.jpg

Anyone care to increase the difficulty a slight bit and not include the names of assumedly well known players?

Edit: Or how about just put the names in white colored font for those of us who like the challenge? If you need the help, just highlight. No one will ever know.

Scott Hartnell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad