McKenzie: player most likely moved is veteran center Ryan O’Reilly

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Borgstrom
Fine Burokovsky + Borgstrom, it’s still not remotely close to what some fans think he’s worth. In fact, it’s probably fairly similar to what he was acquired for in the first place, just a little more quality than quantity.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Fine Burokovsky + Borgstrom, it’s still not remotely close to what some fans think he’s worth. In fact, it’s probably fairly similar to what he was acquired for in the first place, just a little more quality than quantity.
Wha? I’m pretty sure, but not positive, that Florida fans wouldn’t trade Borgstrom straight up for O’Reilly. But Borgstrom is valued league wide about the same as Schenn was at the time of the Richards trade. So yes, any trade for O’Reilly won’t be something the fan base on a prospect board will be happy with, it it could put the acquiring team over the top. The Blues make a lot of sense here. Thomas + Dunn/Fabbri. They will hate it, but they’ll be a better team in the short term.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

A struggling centre, stay-at-home d and a high 2nd ?

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Wha? I’m pretty sure, but not positive, that Florida fans wouldn’t trade Borgstrom straight up for O’Reilly. But Borgstrom is valued league wide about the same as Schenn was at the time of the Richards trade. So yes, any trade for O’Reilly won’t be something the fan base on a prospect board will be happy with, it it could put the acquiring team over the top. The Blues make a lot of sense here. Thomas + Dunn/Fabbri. They will hate it, but they’ll be a better team in the short term.

The Blues do make sense imo but the return is something we'd have to work on. It was my understanding that an NHL defender needed to be part of the deal if Buffalo were to entertain the idea of moving ROR.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Certainly seems like a growing list of teams that need a #1 Center. Essentially whoever misses out on Tavares. Definitely a trade after July 1st because of a bonus payment to ROR as well.

Blues
Hurricanes
Canadiens
Islanders (without JT)
Canucks
Sharks

I only see ROR moving in a overpayment deal.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I think if he’s moved the return could be done without a defender returned.

Scandella, Ristolainen, Dahlin, Bogosian, Guhle, McCabe, Nelson, Pilut.
Guhle, Dahlin Nelson & Pilut are all guys that didn’t start last season in Buffalo, so that’s a big change.

If O’Reilly is dealt I could see a deal centered on forwards. Then move guys like Girgensons for some defense if needed

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
IIRC PMO has experience coaching ROR and likes him, he would look good in a Jets uniform......but that cap hit is a major hurtle. Can’t see how the Jets could take that cap hit barring trading away one of their young core like Ehlers or a vet like Buff which significantly reduces the benefit of adding a guy like ROR.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Perhaps Buffalo gonna rebuild again around Eichel Casey M Dahlin.

Good start. ROR serves no purpose there as it seems like when Buffalo is ready to compete.. He wont be there .

That Cap hit tho.. Takes out lots of teams .

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I can’t believe he doesn’t have a ntc.

O rielly for a Carolina D makes sense

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
lol sabre fans are hilarious. basically every post comes down to demanding an overpayment or ROR isn't getting traded.

only on HFBoards is a guy who got traded for ZADOROV is now worth Nylander+

How many times are you going to keep saying this? I know that you know there was a lot more involved in that trade...

I've corrected you along with numerous others in this thread and multiple other ROR threads on this board.

Once again -

-Zadorov (recent #14 pick)
-Grigorenko (recent #12 pick)
-Compher (recent #35 pick and one of buffalo's best prospects at the time of the trade)
-#31 pick

For ROR who was about to be a UFA.

Quite a bit different when looked at in context (which you obviously seem to have no interest in doing).

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Perhaps Buffalo gonna rebuild again around Eichel Casey M Dahlin.

Good start. ROR serves no purpose there as it seems like when Buffalo is ready to compete.. He wont be there .

Last I checked ROR is the only center on that roster who is a 55-60 point shutdown center who can also win 60% of his draws. Something which serves a *huge* purpose for two offensively minded young centers who have a lot of work to do on faceoffs and defense.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I think if he’s moved the return could be done without a defender returned.

Scandella, Ristolainen, Dahlin, Bogosian, Guhle, McCabe, Nelson, Pilut.
Guhle, Dahlin Nelson & Pilut are all guys that didn’t start last season in Buffalo, so that’s a big change.

If O’Reilly is dealt I could see a deal centered on forwards. Then move guys like Girgensons for some defense if needed
Getting a D or a C back would probably lower the cost. At least for me. I don’t trust NHL guys to not go fishing for wingers with high value assets.

Put a D who plays the right side in a trade and I’m considerably more likely to bite on the offer than if it’s a deal for wingers and futures.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Whileee

May 29, 2010
IIRC PMO has experience coaching ROR and likes him, he would look good in a Jets uniform......but that cap hit is a major hurtle. Can’t see how the Jets could take that cap hit barring trading away one of their young core like Ehlers or a vet like Buff which significantly reduces the benefit of adding a guy like ROR.
Jets could fit ROR if they move Myers and Perreault and don't re-sign Wheeler after next season.

I love Wheeler, but he'll be 33 after next season and looking for 7M+ after next season. Jets would be better with a younger ROR in the long term.

Reactions: Hunter368

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Yes, that is all that ROR was traded for. Zadorov, and nothing else. Not Grigorenko. Not Compher. Not the 31st pick. Just Zadorov.
Yeah but RoR also brought back with him Jamie McGinn so OP was essentially correct. RoR was dealt for Zadorov and McGinn for #31, Compher and Grigorenko.

Good news for us is that means we can acquire Tyler Seguin pretty cheap. So Dallas give us Seguin we will give you Okposo, Rodrigues, and Alex Nylander. Just as good as what you gave up in Loui Eriksson, Reilly Smith, Matt Fraser and Joe Morrow.

So many of these proposals are laughably wack and I'm one of the least supportive to RoR amongst Sabre fans. Get real, if you want a 27 year old 1C signed long term who regularly scores 60 points and plays good two way hockey you are giving up a #2D 27 or under or a package built around high end young pieces like we gave up. Except we traded for 1 year left on his deal RoR. A RoR with 5 years of term means

RoR trade value 2018 >> RoR trade value 2015

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Yeah but RoR also brought back with him Jamie McGinn so OP was essentially correct. RoR was dealt for Zadorov and McGinn for #31, Compher and Grigorenko.

Good news for us is that means we can acquire Tyler Seguin pretty cheap. So Dallas give us Seguin we will give you Okposo, Rodrigues, and Alex Nylander. Just as good as what you gave up in Loui Eriksson, Reilly Smith, Matt Fraser and Joe Morrow.

So many of these proposals are laughably wack and I'm one of the least supportive to RoR amongst Sabre fans. Get real, if you want a 27 year old 1C signed long term who regularly scores 60 points and plays good two way hockey you are giving up a #2D 27 or under or a package built around high end young pieces like we gave up. Except we traded for 1 year left on his deal RoR. A RoR with 5 years of term means

RoR trade value 2018 >> RoR trade value 2015

He’s no better now than he was then, so I doubt it but I guess we’ll see.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Not a terrible offer. I wish you guys weren't lacking in the same positions we are. Both need wingers and defence.

Disregard his posting with respect to the Oilers . Look at his history it is clear he hates the Oilers and make these posting constantly .

I am sure he would be a nice add by the Oilers ( RoR ) but we would need to send back at least equal cap . We would also need to hang onto to our players on ELC as we are tight against the cap . It just doesn't work unless the cap jumps up by 7 million

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
If they really want O'Reilly they'd better be. Nothing else works as a centerpiece from their end.

While I understand asking for the 3rd OA pick 99% of team making a deal for RoR would need to send back cap . Cap space has value in the new NHL and no team is taking on 7.5 million and only sending ELC back . Now if it a free asset thru UFA and team has position themselves to make a run at a top UFA it is different . Only cap space and no other assets

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Connor- Scheifele- Laine
Perreault- ROR- Wheeler
Tanev-Little- Roslovic
Copp- Lowry- Armia
Vesalainen starts in the AHL, would be crazy.

But honestly, they'd need to trade Little to add ROR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad