Player Growth and Potential NHL 13

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Can someone enlighten me on the best way to develop prospects? My team has a bunch of them (Unloaded the penguins for high end prospects and I would like to develop them the best way possible but I don't want to ruin them or stunt their growth.

My question is, does playing them in the NHL stunt their growth if they aren't getting a lot of points? Or does it matter and if it does, will they develop faster in the AHL?

Please let me know, I have Hamilton, Bartschi, Granlund, Zabinejad, Maata, Cuma and M.Subban and I dont want to ruin them lol.

Edit: Didn't fully unload, still have Crosby, Malkin, Neil, Fleury, Letang, Michalek and I got Staal back.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Give them as much icetime as possible. They will grow very fast. I've had Ryan Murray jump 20overall in one offseason from being on my first pair + loads of special teams minutes.

western redmen

the forgotten owskis
Jun 7, 2012
I only know about baertschi and granlund but if you throw baertschi on you first line in the first year he will be 83ish and have a 4.5-5 star shot after year 1 and 88 after the second year. Granlund take forever to develop.... At least for me anyway....

DaIlYNhL

Jan 15, 2013
What I usually do is either send them to juniors (Yakupov usually devoleps to 82 first year) or I give them a ton of minutes in the AHL (Baertshi went from 69 to 88 in one year and after 2 years was at 93)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad