NESN Player Grades

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Did the guy even watch the games?

The guy writes for the team owned broadcast partner. By definition he was very unlikely to be overly harsh or critical, which I expected. But still, his fluff piece was more embarrassing and spoke more about him than it did about the team or player's performance. The worst grade he gave was a C-, right? And that was to Moore, who played what, 5 games? It's silly.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
After reading the article, the author was far too easy in the grades he handed out. Kuraly and Wagner alone getting C's screams that they weren't being objective. Those guys both deserve an F-, that's how terrible they were.
Kuraly gets an F+ for winning faceoffs.

Wagner gets some probably fake Greek letter that symbolizes a dead animal.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
A++Marchand
A+McAvoy
ABergeron
A- Pastrnak
B+Gryz
BKrejci
B-Smith
C+Ritchie
CCarlo
C-Clifton
D+Lauzon
DMiller
D-Coyle
E+Zboril
EKampfer
E-Frederic
F+Studnicka
FKuhlman
F-Kuraly
F--Debrusk
F---Wagner
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Better?

EDIT: Minimum 20 GP. No Goaltenders Included.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The guy writes for the team owned broadcast partner. By definition he was very unlikely to be overly harsh or critical, which I expected. But still, his fluff piece was more embarrassing and spoke more about him than it did about the team or player's performance. The worst grade he gave was a C-, right? And that was to Moore, who played what, 5 games? It's silly.

He states a couple times "we graded..." and "our annual report". Perhaps its a consensus of NESN nerds.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
A++Marchand
A+McAvoy
ABergeron
A- Pastrnak
B+Gryz
BKrejci
B-Smith
C+Ritchie
CCarlo
C-Clifton
D+Lauzon
DMiller
D-Coyle
E+Zboril
EKampfer
E-Frederic
F+Studnicka
FKuhlman
F-Kuraly
F--Debrusk
F---Wagner
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Better?

EDIT: Minimum 20 GP. No Goaltenders Included.
Much MUCH better!

Reactions: BruinDust

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Well it was done by NESN they aren't going to discourage regular readers (aka buyers of their opinions) from wanting to watch next year's games.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I think the grading is great. Those grades mean the Bs are going to the Cup finals and not going out in the second round. Tremendous group of players. I'm sure DS agrees. Very few moves need to be made this summer since the players are all solid to great.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Before people are too harsh on the writer, remember some overachievers tend to look at C's as F's. Or maybe it's just a scaled system.

Either way, wouldn't take too much stock in these ratings anymore than I would any one of our own ratings.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad