player feuds on the same team

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I remember back in the '98 Olympics when Team Canada was picked the shock of Mark Recchi not being initially named on the team. The talk was because him and Lindros weren't the best of linemates in Philly. Then Kariya went down with an injury and then Recchi was picked anyways. Don't know how much water that holds

Also I have no idea how to find this (couldn't on Youtube) but it is on Don Cherry's Rock Em Sock Em #5. Fedorov scores a beauty of a goal and Keith Primeau goes over to congratulate him. Fedorov blatantly turns away from him with a frown on his face (he makes it wildly obvious) and the other Red Wings players come over to congratulate him and he smiles and hugs them. Primeau has an awkward look on his face too. Fedorov had just scored a goal and a teammate of his is greeting him and his reaction is "get the %$#*& away from me". Something was amiss, don't know what it was

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I think Kevyn Adams also had some parting shots at Bure (cant remember what was said) to which Bure responded during a CBC intermission interview, "He should say it to my face"

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Gordie Howe and Ted Lindsay were best of buds until they had a falling out over the Howe's role in the initial failure of the NHLPA. I don't know how long they were teammates after that, because Lindsay was vilified by Detroit management and traded to the Blackhawks.

Wetcoaster

According to former Vancouver GM Brian Burke, Bieksa KO’d Manitoba teammate Fedor Fedorov once during a dispute at a Winnipeg watering hole.

Here is how it went down according to Burkie. Uncertain whether he wanted to sign Bieksa following the defenseman's senior season at Bowling Green, Burke invited him to the Manitoba Moose (AHL). His first night with the club, Burke recalled, the 6-foot-1-inch Bieksa didn't play, but that night he joined his new teammates at a local pub.

"He's in there, having a good time, and he bumps the table of another of our kids, Fedor Fedorov," said Burke. (Fedorov, brother of the better known Sergei.) "Well, one thing leads to another, and Fedorov, a pretty good-sized kid [6 foot 3 inches, 230 pounds], asks Bieksa if he wants to take it outside. So, Bieksa's a willing kid, and says, 'Sure, let's go!' "

Out to the parking lot the two went, and according to Burke, Bieksa KO'd the bigger Fedorov with one punch.

"Down and out!" recalled Burke. "The next day, I'm talking to [assistant GM Steve Tambellini], and I guess Bieksa was all worried about it, saying to Tamby, "Oh, geez, I'm all done, Burkie's going to be really [steamed], I show up and knock out one of his own guys.' I listen to Tamby and I say, 'Are you kidding me? I love that. Sign him -- today!'

Master_Of_Districts

Apr 9, 2007
Black Ruthenia
I remember back in the '98 Olympics when Team Canada was picked the shock of Mark Recchi not being initially named on the team. The talk was because him and Lindros weren't the best of linemates in Philly. Then Kariya went down with an injury and then Recchi was picked anyways. Don't know how much water that holds

Also I have no idea how to find this (couldn't on Youtube) but it is on Don Cherry's Rock Em Sock Em #5. Fedorov scores a beauty of a goal and Keith Primeau goes over to congratulate him. Fedorov blatantly turns away from him with a frown on his face (he makes it wildly obvious) and the other Red Wings players come over to congratulate him and he smiles and hugs them. Primeau has an awkward look on his face too. Fedorov had just scored a goal and a teammate of his is greeting him and his reaction is "get the %$#*& away from me". Something was amiss, don't know what it was

"What's he turning away from Keith for? Keith's a good guy."

Mad Habber

Jul 5, 2006
Patrick Roy - Matthieu Schneider

THere were rumours of Roy with a few of players back in his Montreal days. I believe Desjardins was another.

I remember reading an article in a magazine years ago, about Al MacAdam "decking" a young captain Brian Bellows in their dressing room.

Also rumours of a fight between Souray and Kovalev in the dressing room in Montreal. Kovalev didn't play for the next few games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad