Player Discussion: Tyler Ennis

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
ha ha, I didn't think about that! How about a mid to late draft pick? Addition by subtraction imo. Zat's isn't worth his salary and doubt he ever will, so I'm not too worried about moving him.

If it helps keep Jake I'd have zero concern moving him. I'd love to add to the deal and get Nurse, but that won't happen. Do you have any thoughts of what you'd want from Edmonton?

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
That line has for sure had a positive impact these past few games.

Just wish Gauthier had an ounce of finish quality to him. He had two huge opportunities last night that at the point in time probably would have changed the complexion of the game.
I'm happy with what the Goat's done thus far, he is what he is. A little puck luck wouldn't hurt though.........

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
I'm happy with what the Goat's done thus far, he is what he is. A little puck luck wouldn't hurt though.........

I don't hate him by any stretch. His wingspan means he can will battles and there is no substitute for that size.

But yeah, a finishing touch would elevate him. That and some anger. I'd love to see him get pissed off and throw his weight around a bit. He's a gentle giant.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
ha ha, I didn't think about that! How about a mid to late draft pick? Addition by subtraction imo. Zat's isn't worth his salary and doubt he ever will, so I'm not too worried about moving him.

If it helps keep Jake I'd have zero concern moving him. I'd love to add to the deal and get Nurse, but that won't happen. Do you have any thoughts of what you'd want from Edmonton?

Moving Z leaves a big hole on our RSD so you'd need to replace him. As you say, Oil need help on D so you are not getting anything back from them. As such you have to acquire assets that can be used or free up assets to be used to acquire a RHD. Pool Party, Yamamoto ??

I don't see Oil being good trade partners unless you are moving Nylander for Bouchard+.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I don't hate him by any stretch. His wingspan means he can will battles and there is no substitute for that size.

But yeah, a finishing touch would elevate him. That and some anger. I'd love to see him get pissed off and throw his weight around a bit. He's a gentle giant.
the thing is, a 4th line should mainly be concerned with keeping goals out of your net, not put them in the opposition's net. Yes production from the 4th line is icing on the cake, but if they're killing it on the goals against side I'm more than happy. Goat's size is a much needed element the Leafs lack, Ennis, not so much.....

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Moving Z leaves a big hole on our RSD so you'd need to replace him. As you say, Oil need help on D so you are not getting anything back from them. As such you have to acquire assets that can be used or free up assets to be used to acquire a RHD. Pool Party, Yamamoto ??

I don't see Oil being good trade partners unless you are moving Nylander for Bouchard+.
Just spit balling on how to gain cap space. I don't think Zat's is a guy I'd worry about keeping, he isn't the difference on the right side of the D imo. Yes it'd leave a hole, but that could be filled with trading Nylander for a high end guy, or Brown/Johnsson plus for someone not quite as good. I see lots of options for improving the Leafs before the deadline.

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Enjoy the Goat for whatever time he has left on this team. I posted that I wanted to see what Par could do playing with Ennis and Leivo because that will ultimately be out 4th line and Babs gave us a preview last night. Was not paying alot of attention at that point in he game so I'd need to see more to determine if they have any chemistry.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Enjoy the Goat for whatever time he has left on this team. I posted that I wanted to see what Par could do playing with Ennis and Leivo because that will ultimately be out 4th line and Babs gave us a preview last night. Was not paying alot of attention at that point in he game so I'd need to see more to determine if they have any chemistry.
That's definitely a better 4th line, but Ennis isn't a 4th liner in my books (he's done well), a little size wouldn't hurt imo. If /when Nylander returns, I'd like to see a line up like:

Kappy Mathews Nylander

Hyman Tavares. Marner

Marleau Kadri Leivo

Brown Par Johnsson

pretty impressive top to bottom.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
7D63AE9C-7834-438F-AA43-C204A9DAA666.jpeg

check out his mom trying to fix his hair.

Reactions: 7even

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Ennis is a pretty good player to fill out your roaster with. More Ennis and less whatever they call him getting stuck with most games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad