Player Discussion: Erik Gudbranson | Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

DNcY22nVAAAtj_b.png:large

:laugh: It's amazing how he manages this pretty much every game.

That graphic is just absolutely hilarious.

Reactions: Wilch

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I said this in the GDT but I would love to see anyone compare Gudbranson favourably to Biega in tonight's game. Biega threw about 6 huge hits and was actually effective.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Or this...when the red boxes are all above the line and the grey and blue boxes below it pretty much means everyone is better off without you on the ice. It ignores zone starts etc so not a perfect representation but, ummm, ya he has been a drag on the team.

gudbrer92

gudbrer92

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
That was one of worst games I've seen Dudbranson play and that's saying something. Completely exposed by the speed and pace of what was a playoff-style game. If the coaching staff can identify a game like this coming, they absolutely need to scratch him.

And considering he isn't that good in slower and more choppy games either, overall he's just a bad player. Glorified, better looking Luke Schenn (a massive halo effect) who had the luxury of playing years in a market no one cared to follow so his "legend" was allowed to grow.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Man, I wish we had a competent GM who could take advantage of the idiots around the league. If we had Gilman as GM, or even Gillis back (without ownership meddling) I could see a scenario where we trade Gudbranson and Granlund to Florida for Jonathan Huberdeau.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Yeah but but but...he snarls and hits people against the boards sometimes.

:laugh: and someone called out MY credibility when I compared Gudbranson with Andrew Alberts.

You really think that's the reason you got called out?

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Go read the exchange and you tell me.

Gudbranson has not been good this year.

You don't get called out for the information, you get called out for how you present it and how you treat people. You are entitled to your opinions just like everyone else here.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
You don't get called out for the information, you get called out for how you present it and how you treat people. You are entitled to your opinions just like everyone else here.

That's rich coming from you.

There's nothing wrong how I present my argument. But there clearly is frustration when people ignore the facts.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
That was one of worst games I've seen Dudbranson play and that's saying something. Completely exposed by the speed and pace of what was a playoff-style game. If the coaching staff can identify a game like this coming, they absolutely need to scratch him.

And considering he isn't that good in slower and more choppy games either, overall he's just a bad player. Glorified, better looking Luke Schenn (a massive halo effect) who had the luxury of playing years in a market no one cared to follow so his "legend" was allowed to grow.

i did not see what you saw.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

Surely you can point to some specific example of where his speed was clearly exposed by the pace and speed of the Stars..

can anyone?

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Surely you can point to some specific example of where his speed was clearly exposed by the pace and speed of the Stars..

can anyone?

To me it's his stopping and starting. His feel for the game can expose that because his anticipation can be poor. Very reactionary

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I said this in the GDT but I would love to see anyone compare Gudbranson favourably to Biega in tonight's game. Biega threw about 6 huge hits and was actually effective.
that was Alex Biega's best game as a Canuck. He was incredible. Conversely that was Gudbranson's worst game this year.

Not really a comparison

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015

can anyone?
pointing at the gif above where his only option is to slide and get skated around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille