Player discussion - Alex Stalock

Gorbo

Sep 3, 2009
Tank Commander

I wonder if the Leafs will let him play at all

Probably riding the pine in the nhl for the most part. Not sure what his waiver status is but I can see them rotating all 3 ahl goalies into some NHL games he rest of the way

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Probably riding the pine in the nhl for the most part. Not sure what his waiver status is but I can see them rotating all 3 ahl goalies into some NHL games he rest of the way
I assume that for the remainder of the season Stalock will split some games with Bernier. Sparks is only backing up tonight since Stalock won't be there tonight.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I honestly think we just non-tender him and don't bother giving him a QO if he shows nothing these next 2 months. We have other guys in the system we need to get a good evaluation on next year at he NHL level (Sparks and Bibeau).

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I honestly think we just non-tender him and don't bother giving him a QO if he shows nothing these next 2 months. We have other guys in the system we need to get a good evaluation on next year at he NHL level (Sparks and Bibeau).
I read that Stalock is set to become a UFA so they won't need to give him a qualifying offer.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think he is just a pawn in another upcoming trade..

Same with Ben Smith? I think this is the last time I'm going to say this, but Lou has something going on as an extension of that trade. I seriously doubt it ends there.

Problem is, I doubt it involves the two cap dumps. They aren't worth much.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Same with Ben Smith? I think this is the last time I'm going to say this, but Lou has something going on as an extension of that trade. I seriously doubt it ends there.

Problem is, I doubt it involves the two cap dumps. They aren't worth much.

Yep.. He's a UFA after this season, too..

The answer is: He is priming the Cap space for a Star player.. :)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Either Bernier or Stalock are leaving the Leafs.

Lou said they want Sparks and Bubeau to play down the stretch

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
I think we had to take him because the Sharks couldn't have 3 goalies on their bench.

I think more because of them both being UFA's after this season.. and can be let go quickly, if they are even around long enough to see how they do..

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Looks like the rest of the season will be split between Sparks and Bibeau with Beriner backing up. Stalock probably will back up either goalie on the Marlies.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
So basically the leafs goaltending situation is "goalies that never were"

Reimer, now gone, was supposed to be the guy...

Then bernier was supposed to be the guy...

Stalock was supposed to supplant niemi, then never did...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad