GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 22

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I think truth be told without Kane Spurs are a pretty damn ordinary side. Not without some quality obviously but then it's the Premier League so that alone doesn't win you matches.

I should add that even with Kane they're not really a top 3-4 team on paper.

Reactions: Rob

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
3 points? 3 points. 3 points!

Looks like Tuchel basically is Sarri with slightly more vertical play and much higher intensity. The same rigid positional play footballing ideology. It's not incisive in any real way, but it does rarely underperform in fairness. Just also rarely overperforms and is awful to watch. I'm happy with that being at Chelsea though tbh

The thing with Tuchel is that he doesn't really have an ideology, he is a game-to-game manager. We've been playing like this so far, I reckon, because he's tryna set a stable tone - this is why he's brought in all these vets.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
3 points? 3 points. 3 points!

The thing with Tuchel is that he doesn't really have an ideology, he is a game-to-game manager. We've been playing like this so far, I reckon, because he's tryna set a stable tone - this is why he's brought in all these vets.
I very much think he has an ideology, he has already implemented a rigid system with high focus positional play and compactness. A game to game manager would not do that. From what I have seen from him at PSG, he always plays quite similarly to Sarri, but a little more direct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad