GWT: PL Matchweek (mostly) 22

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Never saw that coming from Lingard lol.

Inspired lineup from the Moyesiah, switching back to the 3 CBs and having Coufal and Fredericks double up on Grealish. Had him in their pocket all day.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Firmino needs to play closer to the net like he does with Brazil. Deeper would be ridiculous. Can still make an impact off the bench but LFC need much better.
This is absolute nonsense. Firmino is fine, and hes coming off a few great performances.

It's weird you'd think Liverpool were in the relegation zone the way people are talking. Firmino isn't good enough (another new scapegoat), the owners need to sell! Its the end of the world if Liverpool are not dominating and scoring 5 every game?

This regression was coming. Liverpool are still a very good team, but on top of getting results closer to their level of play things are swinging the other way to last season (where thet were getting every bounce) and they're rife with injury. They'll be fine.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Never saw that coming from Lingard lol.

Inspired lineup from the Moyesiah, switching back to the 3 CBs and having Coufal and Fredericks double up on Grealish. Had him in their pocket all day.
Lingard is a solid player :dunno: I mean at the absolute best he would've been a squad player for a team like United, but realistically he's at a level where West Ham could utilize him properly.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Chelsea could make a run at top four if Tuchel settles quickly.

I wouldn’t be sure though that it’s Liverpool, not Leicester, who’d lose their spot if Chelsea makes it.

Liverpool isn’t a lock for top four, but they still should make it.

However, I think they’re going out to Leipzig in the Champions League. Liverpool should concentrate on the league.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Just watched the WHU-AVL highlights and Martinez didn't really cover himself in glory on either of Lingards goals.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
How are Spurs and Chelsea fans feeling about today's game?
On one hand, we should win this based on how awful Spurs have been lately. On the other hand, we always suck against teams that collapse around their box and counter off of set pieces.

Reactions: robertmac43

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015

So that clear cut written rule is not so clear cut and the ref interpreted incorrectly.

Edit: Just read Luiz's appeal was rejected. Makes the whole situation even more stupid.

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
So that clear cut written rule is not so clear cut and the ref interpreted incorrectly.

Edit: Just read Luiz's appeal was rejected. Makes the whole situation even more stupid.

The only interpretation in the Martial situation is if it was a penalty. The Independent Regulatory Commission must have determined that it should not have been a pen and thus the requirement of the red isn't applicable.

Martial definitely left his leg behind to buy the contact whereas the Wolves attacker didn't do anything remotely like that, he was just running normally and got his foot clipped in the backstride.

Edit: I guess you could also claim it wasn't a DOGSO situation, but that would be a pretty crazy interpretation given he's behind everyone in the box.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
There’s a definite ceiling for your team if you have J5 and Drunk Driver in your starting lineup.

Reactions: Blender

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Yeah if Bednarek's red got rescinded than so should have Luiz's.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yeah if Bednarek's red got rescinded than so should have Luiz's.

The difference is that Martial was definitely trying to buy the foul thus you could conclude that it wasn't actually a foul by Bednarek since Martial was the one who "initiated" contact.

Those situations usually aren't interpreted that way, but given the results were a red, I'd think the board would be more willing to take that approach.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->