GWT: PL Matchweek 37

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lampard is such a horrendous manager and he’s acting like he’s done a heroic job or something lmao
Lampard was born on third base and he thinks he hit a triple

Lampard might get them relegated next year hope they keep him
They might be among the favorites to go down next year for sure. They are not good.

That being said I am in the minority in our fan base but I am glad they are staying up. I would miss the rivalry

Reactions: maclean

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I would say Villa has left a lot in the tank for Sunday btw. I don’t think they’ll get a point and I don’t think we’ll win the league but Stevie has done us a favor here.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Thankfully Chambers wasn’t injured there but I don’t think that was a Red

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
lampard is obviously not a good manager but villa and everton have the same points since feb 1 when lampard took over and no one says the same for stevie g lol
For obvious reasons here, but I think it’s definitely a valid point. This isn’t Scotland.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
lampard is obviously not a good manager but villa and everton have the same points since feb 1 when lampard took over and no one says the same for stevie g lol
Stevie won a trophy elsewhere though. They also went into a tailspin around March but I don’t watch all their games so I have no idea why. They were 9th.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
For obvious reasons here, but I think it’s definitely a valid point. This isn’t Scotland.
I honestly have not been paying attention but that’s interesting.

I think Gerrard took Villa out of the relegation zone and they have been firmly lower mid table, whereas Lampard is very lucky to have taken Everton out of the relegation zone and they are going to finish like 16th at best.

Gerrard needed to do his best work as soon as he came in, which he did, but the new manager boost has definitely faded. Will be interesting to see what next season holds.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I hate Rangers but Scotland was literally a one team league before Gerrard got there. They didn’t have a hope in hell of winning anything.
I don't know if that's really true, seems like it'd be more accurate to call it a two team league. I know Celtic had like 10 straight titles or whatever, but how many of those were with Rangers in the lower leagues or establishing themselves in the top division? Their transfer spending the last several seasons has been roughly similar, with Rangers actually outspending them over a few years. Not exactly a Cinderella story Rangers winning a Scottish title.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Was I the only one watching the Chelsea snoozefest tonight? Man, I feel bad for Maddison having to play with all those scrubs, but on nights like these same thing can be said for Reese James. If you haven't seen the Pulisic and Havertz misses look for them...

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

On the one hand this celebration is kind of hilarious, on another it's kind of endearing

And Robbie Earle saying the fans deserved to be on the pitch (after the game) cause they were a part of Everton staying up actually...has some truth to it. Everton had a lot of big-time home performances over the last month and a half.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Sure, Everton had no business being near the relegation zone this year from an outsider perspective based off the roster quality.

However, between the absolute gong show that was the Rafa Benitez era, with him forcing James Rodríguez and Lucas Digne out, the modern game absolutely passing him by, and the massive amount of injuries all season long…Everton just had a super rough season.

Frank Lampard had zero games with an actual healthy roster, and with his pull with younger players, I’d absolutely expect them to be back in the top half of the table next year. There’s a fair amount of bad money coming off the books, and I’d expect them to have a decent summer transfer window.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad