GWT: PL Matchweek 35

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think that was a harsh yellow for diving, especially with how little they actually issue diving yellows. He jumped over him and fell, if he didn't he would have been cleaned out. There's way more egregious players going to ground that don't get a yellow.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I think that was a harsh yellow for diving, especially with how little they actually issue diving yellows. He jumped over him and fell, if he didn't he would have been cleaned out. There's way more egregious players going to ground that don't get a yellow.

Yea I thought it was a bad yellow for diving. He didn’t go to ground theatrically, and didn’t even seem to be looking for a foul. He stretched to get the ball, then jumped over and slipped

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Two goals off of corners
Weird defensive organization from West Ham in corners, as in both goals Lanzini was left with the task of marking a CB (Holding in first, and Gabriel in 2nd goal).

You would think a CB would be assigned to mark the tall and powerful players, who are opponents' best headers, instead of a smaller offensive player like Lanzini.

Reactions: luiginb and Rob

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
One thing I wanted to circle back to

wT0n6j9.gif

How is this not a penalty? Are we encouraging diving now or what

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

wT0n6j9.gif

What do you mean "now"? Liverpool has one of the worst offenders in the league for diving for penalties on it, so you must know it's been a thing for years.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
What do you mean "now"? Liverpool has one of the worst offenders in the league for diving for penalties on it, so you must know it's been a thing for years.

Go and find how many Liverpool players have been booked for diving compared to everyone else. Should be easy to find those stats.
Post automatically merged:

Richarlison (Everton)
Moussa Djenepo (Southampton)
Michael Antonio (West Ham)
Allan (Everton)
Andros Townsend (Everton)
Demarai Gray (Everton)
Lewis Dobbin (Everton)
Ivan Toney (Brighton)
Jean Phillipe-Mateta (Crystal Palace)
Rayan Ait-Nouri (Wolves)
Bukayo Saka (Arsenal)
Anthony Gordon (Everton)

There's one season of work done for you

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Go and find how many Liverpool players have been booked for diving compared to everyone else. Should be easy to find those stats.

Richarlison (Everton)
Allan (Everton)
Demarai Gray (Everton)
Lewis Dobbin (Everton)
Ivan Toney (Brighton)
Rayan Ait-Nouri (Wolves)
Bukayo Saka (Arsenal)
Anthony Gordon (Everton)

So what you’re telling me is Liverpool just gets rewarded for its dives?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Richarlison (Everton)
Allan (Everton)
Demarai Gray (Everton)
Lewis Dobbin (Everton)
Ivan Toney (Brighton)
Rayan Ait-Nouri (Wolves)
Bukayo Saka (Arsenal)
Anthony Gordon (Everton)

Yes I know Mane does not get booked for diving, he gets awarded penalties. That was the point.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yes I know Mane does not get booked for diving, he gets awarded penalties. That was the point.

Awarded one penalty this season where the defender was trying to foul him outside the box and failed. Not penalties, so if that was your point, you've done a bad job of it.

zooqr7.jpg

Not a penalty as he never went down.

If he was diving all the time well it goes without saying.

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I do not get the obssession about Liverpool and penalties from people. Why are other fans claiming Mane/Salah are the worst divers? when it is obvious they almost never get favorable treatment from the referee quite the opposite actually...

Salah is actually horrible on getting foul called because he always put his arms above his head for some reason when he is fouled.

While Mane has been quite the opposite he always try to stay on his feet and many times get pushed to the ground and don't get decision.

If you want players that dive and get favorable treatments there are way more obvious cases then these 2.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos

wT0n6j9.gif

TBF I can't see if there is any contact from this angle.
To me it looks like there's no contact, Diaz changes his mind about diving mid-stride and continues the run.

Is there another angle?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
TBF I can't see if there is any contact from this angle.
To me it looks like there's no contact, Diaz changes his mind about diving mid-stride and continues the run.

Is there another angle?

Looks like there’s a bit of contact at the hip and a slight push. I agree another angle would be better to judge from though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I didn’t have a problem with the non-call. I honestly thought the Newcastle/LFC game was pretty well officiated in general.

The biggest call the the game was allowing the Keita goal, which they got right. All of the LFC yellow cards should have been yellow cards. Didn’t have much of an issue.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Arsenal is officially in Europa (can finish no worse than 6th) and anything other than a United win today locks in top 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad