GWT: PL Matchweek 13

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why is Dubravka playing over Darlow? He got pretty easily on the Saka goal and was way to indecisive on the 2nd. Newcastle has no midfielders that can hold the ball up so they're being dominated in possession but the goalie needs to make one or both of those saves.

Reactions: luiginb

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
This looks like a match week 35 game where Newcastle is already confirmed going down. Playing with no urgency or passion. Guys just walking around not even trying to make runs for someone to pass to. There's so much mediocrity in this squad I don't even know where they should start when it comes to transfers.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This looks like a match week 35 game where Newcastle is already confirmed going down. Playing with no urgency or passion. Guys just walking around not even trying to make runs for someone to pass to. There's so much mediocrity in this squad I don't even know where they should start when it comes to transfers.
Let me help start with Sam and end with coutinho.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Let me help start with Sam and end with coutinho.

A loan with an option to buy, at like 15-20M if they stay up, wouldn't be the worst move. They need someone with creativity outside of St. Maximin and could use another goal threat. They could probably use Umtiti too, but straight loan wouldn't commit long term to him with his health, as their backline is poor.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Deserved win in the end. Saka was amazing, so was Martinelli when he came on. Nuno was mostly great, so so active and dangerous. Compensates for making stupid decisions. All of those guys are born in the 2000s as well.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site

The next two matches with Norwich and Burnley could decide their fate.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
To be fair, Coutinho can run things against some crap sides. He also “shows some ambition” as he’s a player with some resume ala Robinho for City. But I would choke when seeing the wages it would take to get him there

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The next two matches with Norwich and Burnley could decide their fate.

I see 2 draws. I also don't see how they survive relegation. I don't think Leeds is bad enough to be 17th, nor do I think they are better than Southampton, Villa or Brentford. The only team below 15th I don't have faith in is Watford but they have a good coach and guys who can score, so they can scrape enough points to stay up.

Reactions: Rob

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I see 2 draws. I also don't see how they survive relegation. I don't think Leeds is bad enough to be 17th, nor do I think they are better than Southampton, Villa or Brentford. The only team below 15th I don't have faith in is Watford but they have a good coach and guys who can score, so they can scrape enough points to stay up.
Here's hoping.

It will be interesting to see who they can attract in January. In their position, I don't know if "established" players will find it somewhere they want to go. And younger players with potential might not have the immediate impact to keep them up.

Of course, bags of money paper over a lot of those questions.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
To be fair, Coutinho can run things against some crap sides. He also “shows some ambition” as he’s a player with some resume ala Robinho for City. But I would choke when seeing the wages it would take to get him there
Coutinho ambitious? lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad