Aston Villa x West Ham

Monday 1 November

Wolverhampton x Everton

Midweek - Champions League & Europa stuff

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Aston Villa with eight days off and West Ham having played three in nine. Going to be a difficult away match.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Arsenal’s away record with Michael Oliver is 3 wins, 6 draws and 10 losses (which is insane considering our average win percentage in the PL is like 65%). Leicester's 12th man on Saturday. Leicester's Home record with Oliver is 9 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses. Vardy diving against Arsenal always leads to a penalty, and Leicester had 12 penalties last season, of which maybe 2 at best were correctly given. I don’t fear Leicester, but I fear Michael Oliver.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I love how on AB13s world every team deserves maybe 20% of the penalties they actually get but Arsenal is robbed of a couple dozen every year.
Not every team gets 80% more penalties than they should. Leicester and Manchester United are the two teams who have profited from 10-15 more penalties than they should have had the past couple seasons. Less penalties this year is the main reason behind both teams "declining" this season so far. I think the PL have decided to cut down on the penalties to make the corruption less obvious.

United in the last two seasons have had penalties at a rate of 0.46 per game vs 0.12 for Arsenal in that same time period. The historical bias extends for years and years in favour of specific teams. If you look at individual incidents, certain teams get certain decisions in their favour more frequently than other teams. That's undeniable. Prime Barcelona from 2010-12 who everyone said had referees on their side managed 16 pens in 76 league games (0.21 per game). In the 14/15 season with Messi, Suarez and Neymar, they managed 7 in 38 (0.18 per game). This is high by their own historical standards. United under Ole have over double the rate.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Also, I sense a bromance between Klopp and Potter.

I feel like Potter and Thomas Frank are Klopp’s favorites right now. You could tell he loves Frank when he started with the Mainz comps.

Brighton has been a tough matchup for LFC recently. It’ll be a good game. Brighton took four points from LFC last season but they had a lot of VAR luck in those games. Should be a fun game.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I feel like Potter and Thomas Frank are Klopp’s favorites right now. You could tell he loves Frank when he started with the Mainz comps.

Brighton has been a tough matchup for LFC recently. It’ll be a good game. Brighton took four points from LFC last season but they had a lot of VAR luck in those games. Should be a fun game.
Var luck and the huge bonus of being able to play at an empty Anfield. Obviously, those 4 points were still a huge accomplishment for the club, but yeah, the circumstances were right.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think Henderson playing central defender with Nat Phillips, and then Phillips and Fabinho for each match did as much.

I certainly respect them, and they've done a lot. Could possibly get all three this weekend. But VVD playing makes a massive difference.

Salah being unplayable right now does as well.

Reactions: luiginb

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Thomas Frank is an amazing coach. I really like his passion and intensity for a coach. He has a Klopp vibe and I really like his tactics too.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Thomas Frank is an amazing coach. I really like his passion and intensity for a coach. He has a Klopp vibe and I really like his tactics too.
His Brentford team has some elements of Klopp’s Liverpool too. Frank is a mix of Klopp, Tuchel and Wilder. High pressing, fluid rotations with CBs overlapping, some positional play elements but also a will to be direct and play physical.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Nice heading technique with the back of your head there Gabriel. Deserved lead.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I love ESR. We should score 5. Brilliant from Partey to start the attack.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Not a f***ing injury to a key player when we are in good form, again. f***.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad