PL Matchweek 10

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Also the attempted trolling from one particularly salty poster is laughable at best. :laugh:

You mean this crap:

Liverpool gift Spurs a win then dominate Huddersfield. You could see in the run of play in a few games already that Spurs are not as good as their results have been.

Also I would have thought Lacazette would score against Swansea. Nice to see Firmino add to his tally.

I agree it is laughable.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Salah just made a penalty to put his country in the WC. I think he knows how to make penalties.
But didn't because he missed this one against an EPL keeper. He would face more trouble if he was playing quality competition like the European teams have to every qualifying for international tournaments. Not only that, but it's much easier for teams to make the World Cup now since they dramatically expanded it.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
But didn't because he missed this one against an EPL keeper. He would face more trouble if he was playing quality competition like the European teams have to every qualifying for international tournaments. Not only that, but it's much easier for teams to make the World Cup now since they dramatically expanded it.

Did you even see the Egypt penalty? I assume not. There isn't a single keeper on the planet who would have stopped that. On top of that, you don't even know the World Cup hasn't been expanded yet. Here I thought we were talking about penalties.

Just keep digging.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
That’s one win in 16 matches on the road against the top 6 for Poch. Wow.

I think he’s a good manager but that’s just nowhere near good enough.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Doesn't his home record balance it out?

Yeah if my math is right looks like he’s 7 wins, 7 draws and 2 losses at home.

Was just surprised by the away record. It’s 1 win, 7 draws and 8 losses.

Nearly a mirror image. I’ll have to look at some of the others to see what it looks like

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Pretty sure I said most teams will struggle to Spurs at home. I know you like to make things up but if you're going to attempt to be witty I don't want you ending up with egg on your face like the Lacazette/Firmino thing. I know you're getting old and your memory isn't what it once was so I forgive you.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The only egg on anyone's face is your about Lacazette/Firmino :laugh:
Twice the minutes :biglaugh:

Sooo lame, you're digging to new deeps.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
TBH I think Lacazette has been average so far in his Arsenal tenure. He is an upgrade over Giroud, but the team doesn't necessarily play that much better with him up front. I thought he looked pretty poor today in particular and has made some questionable misses throughout the season. Hopefully it's just jitters of adjusting to a new team/system.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes, he hardly has played up to his potential so far.
Which is to be expected from someone getting used to a new league and team (without a structure).

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
He looked pretty invisible in the first half yesterday, but he wasn't getting much service, the problem seemed more tactical to me. Had a few nifty plays in the second half though. Kolašinac though, he was key yesterday, he basically doubles the clutch factor of the team singlehandedly.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The biggest problem with Lacazette and maybe Wenger is giving him these tactics, but he's roaming around far too much. I mean he did create the Kolasinac's goal by his nice back heel so it's not like he's entirely useless. To be more effective he needs to stay in his lanes which is as a CF and be a passing option for the half backs to run down the side since I can't see Wenger stop his 3-5-3. You tend to see him leave the CF and sometimes track back and sometimes play the wing when Sanchez runs down the middle with the ball. Don't get me wrong, I quite enjoy how flexible he can play and his IQ to read the play and adjust positions, but he needs to be more selfish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad