GWT: PL Matchweek “24”

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
They have the best manager (by far) and arguably the best roster talent
With the worst starting position. Maybe United is worse but I don't think it's a massive choke. I also think their roster is like three good players and a lot of average

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
With the worst starting position. Maybe United is worse but I don't think it's a massive choke. I also think their roster is like three good players and a lot of average

It's not a choke by any means. They play a lot worse football than Arsenal as i have stated before. I don't think i have seen them play one impressive game for the entire season with even strength. The few games they have played well is where they were one man up. Contes Spurs isn't any better than Nunos Spurs.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Most games in hand though. I don’t think any of those 4-7 teams are special, but I believe a lot comes down to the manager. Spuds didn’t get Conte to consolidate and wind up in Europa. I’m not saying they will get 4th. I’m saying they probably should get 4th

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Most games in hand though. I don’t think any of those 4-7 teams are special, but I believe a lot comes down to the manager. Spuds didn’t get Conte to consolidate and wind up in Europa. I’m not saying they will get 4th. I’m saying they probably should get 4th
Even if they win their games in hand, they’re behind arsenal. “probably should” and “massive choke” aren’t exactly synonyms.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Only on goal difference.
That'll be a helluva argument at the end of the season. Sure we finished even on points, and sure they have a better goal dif, but we should be in the Champions League because HFBoards user Savant said we are in a better position.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That'll be a helluva argument at the end of the season. Sure we finished even on points, and sure they have a better goal dif, but we should be in the Champions League because HFBoards user Savant said we are in a better position.
I mean We’ve seen the the league won on goal difference twice in the last decade. It ain’t nothing.

I’m not even trying to talk trash. Just saying it’s a major upset if a Conte team with (at the minimum) similar talent doesn’t get fourth. Nothing else to read into there.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I mean We’ve seen the the league won on goal difference twice in the last decade. It ain’t nothing.

I’m not even trying to talk trash. Just saying it’s a major upset if a Conte team with (at the minimum) similar talent doesn’t get fourth. Nothing else to read into there.
That's my point. We've seen the league won on goal dif and you're waving it aside as though it's unimportant when saying that Tottenham should win 4th.

I just don't think it's a major upset if teams ahead in the standings with easier schedules finish ahead of teams lower in the standings with harder schedules

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That's my point. We've seen the league won on goal dif and you're waving it aside as though it's unimportant when saying that Tottenham should win 4th.

I just don't think it's a major upset if teams ahead in the standings with easier schedules finish ahead of teams lower in the standings with harder schedules
Not at all, but goal difference can change quick too. None of those 4-7 teams are going to win out, and I would not say that GD is something that Arsenal have on lock down.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Why is that new? Especially with Conte and their roster talent? They added during January as well. Who is better off and why?
The gulf in talent isn’t big if there is any at at all…

Varane just got rinsed his fall has been interesting. Seemingly happened overnight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad