News Article: PK Subban reaching out to a kid with cancer

jpchabby

Drive for 25
Mar 3, 2006
But hes a locker room cancer and a cocky ******!

Yeah and on the main boards, people said he was an a**hole off the ice as well as on the ice. So I believed them! But now, I don't know what to think!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I came here to post something to that effect, and yet I was too late. Well done.

The kid was never a cancer and cocky is good in his case... Mostly :D
Hal Gill had him pegged from the start and was a super influence on him.
He never called him anything but annoying and laid down some basic ground rules. :laugh:
I'd love to see what the ground rules would be if Hal were back. :D

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
I've heard of a bad run-in with PK by a female friend before. She worked at a restaurant and he wouldn't give her the time of day whereas the rest of the team was friendly with her when being served.

It may also have been a case of "can we makeout? no? what a jerk." so take it for what you will...

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been that bad with someone in public. He knows he's a figurehead in the city and could damage his reputation easily.

Awesome article though. These guys do a lot for their fans off the ice, and they do it well.

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
Take it with a grain of salt, but couple weeks (maybe a month ago) my god-daughter went with one of her friend from a Toronto in a club (Muzique) here in downtown Montreal. turn out this Toronto friend is also a friend of PK and she ended up clubbing all night with friends and PK.

She knows PK but she's not a craze hockey fan, her comment on the guy, wasn't that flashy, actually she taught he was kind of shy, polite, not talking so much and a pretty bad dancer :laugh:

he was class act.... not like that Brandon Prust !!! (I like Brandon, but....)

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Think what you want, but one of my friend's neighbors has a cousin that once ran into Subban on crescent street and she said he didn't even said hi to her.

attachetatuque

un gros bonhomme!
Feb 1, 2013
Maybe it's the way you present yourself?

Honestly I've had the luxury to cross paths with PK 5 times since he got drafted. Every single time, he's been a class act. One night I was totally washed up (but presentable haha) and I gave him a hug and he hugged me back god damnit. And I'm a 6'4 230 pound guy. Don't act like you want to suck his wee-wee or like he's Justin Bieber, and I reckon he'll be sweet with you.

As for the story, awesome! I love hearing about these things. Good on PK for doing it on his own, and good luck to the kid. I'm sure this little phone call with give him what he needs to kick it. It's all about positive energy.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Think what you want, but one of my friend's neighbors has a cousin that once ran into Subban on crescent street and she said he didn't even said hi to her.

Cresent Street. This person was probably too drunk and P.K. probably just wanted to disappear because he/she was too annoying.

#BlamePK
Yeah right :shakehead:shakehead

MicroFracture

Jan 1, 2009
Trois-Rivieres
I've heard of a bad run-in with PK by a female friend before. She worked at a restaurant and he wouldn't give her the time of day whereas the rest of the team was friendly with her when being served.

It may also have been a case of "can we makeout? no? what a jerk." so take it for what you will...

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been that bad with someone in public. He knows he's a figurehead in the city and could damage his reputation easily.

Awesome article though. These guys do a lot for their fans off the ice, and they do it well.

so she asked the whole team to make out and they all said yes except PK :sarcasm:

jpchabby

Drive for 25
Mar 3, 2006

She's right. When PK Subban walks in public, he should initiate discussion by saying "hi" to every single person he crosses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad