Confirmed with Link: PK Subban - Norris Finalist

studDUGY

Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I recall seeing Doughty's name a lot on american websites as first place, with Subban always second. While in Canada, Karlsson is first with Subban always second.

I wouldn't be surprised if Subban wins it.

DD51*

So Dreger was far away in the left field when he twitted that Weber was one of the three finalists ....

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Outstanding. Hope he wins it.:handclap::handclap:

Karlsson's hair should be an automatic disqualification.;)

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Incredibly proud to have him on our team. He soaks up minutes and the hardest assignments and makes it look like child's play.

I can think of very few goals against that were truly his fault.

I hope he wins it this year, but you never know - Karlsson had a sterling second half and the league isn't gonna vote Price for the Hart, the Vezina, the Lindsey AND give Subban the Norris. Too many Habs.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Wow! Really didn't expect him to get nominated but it's very well deserved. He had a hell of a season!

studDUGY

Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
After Montreal winning the series, and Ottawa getting screwed by the refs (like the Habs did on the 2013 Zibby soccer goal), PK winning the Norris would be the last karma Sens fans deserve.

I could sleep happily forever if it happens.

HabFanatic

Jun 16, 2012
Congrat P.K, well deserved.

If every season his name is in this short list, we'll have great years ahead

P.K. Subban deserves the Norris Trophy, and here's why habseyesontheprize.com/analysis/2015/… via @HabsEOTP

A pretty compelling argument

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Totally deserves the nomination for the season he had. But I'd still take either of the other two nominees and at least 3 other defensemen league-wide instead, given the choice.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Doughty being nominated is the bigger surprise. He had a vastly inferior version of Subban's season.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
I think the voting system itself should favorise Doughty.
2 guys from Eastern Canadian teams COULD split the vote.

Plus the fact Doughty is the poster boy of "good ol' Canadian boy".

The most deserving are EK/PK. I'd give the slight logical edge to Karlsson, but I want Subban to win it, as a Habs fan lol :P.

Doughty seems the least deserving of the 3. I hope he doesn't win it...

All in all, very happy Subban got recognition!

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
norris finalist, but not good enough for all star games
It was an unbelievable snub then and it's an unbelievable snub now. I dunno who these clowns are but they have some explaining to do.

The Team Canada fiasco too. Hamhuis, Pietrangelo and JBoohoo over Subban? What a joke.

That said, I think Doughty and Karlsson are superior players in terms of effectiveness but Subban is the more complete athlete.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
The Team Canada fiasco too. Hamhuis, Pietrangelo and JBoohoo over Subban? What a joke.

I really will never understand the hate for this. Babcock put out the best corps he thought based on positions, experience, skill sets, and handedness.

And it wasn't like he was vindicated; that defense corps was possibly the best ever assembled on any team ever in hockey and they even got a bunch of scoring from the back line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad