Pre-Game Talk: PK Subban Homecoming Montreal vs Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
No PK Subban montage would be complete without the Super Mario Cart goal he set up vs Tampa and Ondrej Palat.

Man you watch these videos and it's so apparent that Subban lost his mobility and speed in the last few seasons. He used to move so well.

Most electrifying player in 30 years, easy. Kovalev was up there, but when he wanted to be. Subban was passionate every game.

The part about the trade that bothered me the most: Every habs fan can name 10 electrifying Subban moments. Other than breaking Gallagher's hand twice, how many individual Weber moments can people name that took people out of their seats?

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
The part about the trade that bothered me the most: Every habs fan can name 10 electrifying Subban moments. Other than breaking Gallagher's hand twice, how many individual Weber moments can people name that took people out of their seats?
He had a big check in the series against the Rangers. I think maybe two big checks. He looked scary.

That's pretty much it for me.

• Haha
Reactions: Andy

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Man you watch these videos and it's so apparent that Subban lost his mobility and speed in the last few seasons. He used to move so well.

Most electrifying player in 30 years, easy. Kovalev was up there, but when he wanted to be. Subban was passionate every game.

Very different players.

I just hated the way they treated PK. From day one MT was trying to “fix” him. Our GM talked him down during Team Canada selections. There was the arbitration…. And then we sign him and deal him before the no trade kicks in. f***ing horrible.

How not to handle your franchise defenseman 101.

MB did so much damage during his tenure here. Near the top of the list was the treatment of Subban. What a God awful GM.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
They gave him no supporting cast and he had enough either way, dude gave us everything he had.

His last shift - wonder if he ever found those gloves?

Is that not the play that cemented his ticket out of town?

Reactions: Habs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Although Mapper sounds a little bit like a creep kind of whispering, it is still funny:

Allen doing solo work on the other side of the ice while Primeau and Monty are practicing with the team.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017

Weber didn't make his own career, the refs made it for him,

Webers entire career was based on cross checking people in the back, and the refs allowed it,

Weber would have been a fringe NHLer if the refs clamped down on his cross checking,

I can't think of any other D-Man that got away with so much cross checking

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Weber didn't make his own career, the refs made it for him,

Webers entire career was based on cross checking people in the back, and the refs allowed it,

Weber would have been a fringe NHLer if the refs clamped down on his cross checking,

I can't think of any other D-Man that got away with so much cross checking
Chris Pronger.

And Weber is one of the best defenseman of his generation regardless.

Take an L.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
PK!

512px-P.K._Subban_2010_AHL.jpg

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Chris Pronger.

And Weber is one of the best defenseman of his generation regardless.

Take an L.
Pronger > Weber, and it's not particularly competitive. Weber's a great player but he gets lost in the shuffle a bit, Suter was as good if not better than him -- tons of players are at his tier. Subban hit higher highs for sure. Pronger better than both of them.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
No, it's not regardless,

Take his cross checking away, and he is a career bottom pairing D-Man
He;s like top 15 in goals for a defenseman or something like that. I think you're underselling him by a massive amount.

Young Weber was a force. The Weber the habs got alternated between being a top pairing defenseman and a second pairing defenseman. During the cup run season, he didn't look great for huge stretches. In fact, I thought he looked terrible in the Toronto series. He more than made up for it against the Jets and Vegas. Was outmatched against Tampa.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
What exactly is he back for??

He misses his time in the spotlight
He was invited back because he's just retired and the Habs will try to gain back the goodwill they had with alumni, the goodwill that Bergevin's decrepit regime squandered and burned. What's the problem? He's a former Habs star player who just retired. He bloody loved the city of Montreal too -- most players we loved as fans haven't set foot back in Habsland -- Koivu, Kovalev, Weber, Price... I guess Subban wants his time in the spotlight huh

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The Preds are playing in Figland tonight so the rested Habs will be playing a tired Preds team with their backup goalie tomorrow night most likely. :thumbd:

• Wow
Reactions: Runner77

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
He;s like top 15 in goals for a defenseman or something like that. I think you're underselling him by a massive amount.

Young Weber was a force. The Weber the habs got alternated between being a top pairing defenseman and a second pairing defenseman. During the cup run season, he didn't look great for huge stretches. In fact, I thought he looked terrible in the Toronto series. He more than made up for it against the Jets and Vegas. Was outmatched against Tampa.
The Weber I first observed was in the Cup finals. He didn't impress anyone then and he sure didn't when he became a Hab. It was like trading away your hot cousin and ending up with grandma'.

I'm really curious to see what the ceremony will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad