News Article: PK Subban feature in The New Yorker

Karl Pilkington

Feb 25, 2004
Ottawa
www.canadiens.com
For anyone trying to "make it" in their career, I found this to be a great quote:

In 2005, a few days before his sixteenth birthday, P.K. was drafted by the Belleville Bulls, of the Ontario Hockey League, one of Canada’s “major junior” conferences. It was a bittersweet occasion, not only because it meant that he’d be leaving home, to “billet” with a local Belleville family, but also because he hadn’t been selected until the sixth round—an afterthought. He was no longer big for his age. In fact, the rap on him now was that he was too small, and maybe too flashy, for a defenseman. His sisters cried. For the Bulls, he chose to wear No. 6, as a reminder of the slight. He became the most offensively prolific defenseman in Belleville history, and achieved redemption two years later, when he was drafted, this time in the second round, by his dad’s beloved Canadiens.

PK = Perseverance King

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
they should use this picture. He looks like those NY gangsters from the '20

tumblr_ngej8prlyu1shr61qo1_500.jpg

IceHockeyfan

Feb 18, 2012
Great article. I agree with everything it said about the state of hockey today and why it needs to change. Fighting needs to be eliminated and we need more characters like PK Subban, not those silly humble dutiful players blah blah blah. It's just a game.

However, I'm surprised nobody commented on the big error in the article. Canada did not play Austria in the gold medal game. How could someone write that? Does Austria even have a hockey team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad