Post-Game Talk: 2-1 OT Win ... Still alive!

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If Toronto plays like this the rest of series and now with Woll, they should win.
Problem is we never know which leafs team we r getting.
If they play like this the rest of the series, they have a shot. Let's not forget the PP still blows, and even though we played about as well as we can play we still barely won.

The second part of your post is so true. These guys have been so up and down for so many years now and they played so badly in games 3 and 4, there's just no way you can count on them to play like this for the next two games. It could happen, but anyone taking it for granted is clueless.

Very entertaining game. Will miss hockey when it's done for the year. Hope it lasts longer. As for the "everyone is shit" crowd...it must have been difficult to see a win and continue to explain how much you love the team but hate most if not all of the players. If the Leafs succeed, I feel like the gloating this year will not be against our opponents like Boston who played hard but against you who think it's cool to make real fans miserable game in and game out with your negative takes beginning around 2 minutes into every game.
f*** you and God bless the Leafs.
LOL. Ironic comment coming from someone who just called everyone shit.

If you read the GDT's, you get what you deserve. That is all.

Reactions: Roo

Richardbro

Jul 22, 2009
Toronto
Woll may just carry us to a deep run… there is hope.

Now don’t mind me, I’m going to read the PGT on the bruins board with a huge grin on my face. Reading that is going to make my day.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Very good win last night, still need to find a way to score more then 2 goals though. Toronto should have had 3 or 4 past Swayman last night.

The other good news is Toronto stars like Nylander/Marner/Matthews still haven't asserted themselves in the series, maybe they wake up for game 6.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Interesting that Pasta makes over 11 million per year and disappears when the going gets tough kinda like the leafs stars. Maybe just maybe giving players that much is not a good idea if you want to win. Maybe just maybe spreading the money across the whole team is the way to go
I think it's more that Leafs fans need to appreciate that other teams have similar issues to the Leafs.

Reactions: arso40

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
There are plenty of universe's where a guy stays on his feet from that bump. He was flopping around that entire shift. :laugh:

OK find one. A player standing still, the referee taking him at 90-degree angle at speed.

Well that proves it !

I thought it was funny because ref clearly took him out, you see diving and ref/ Bettman/Jacobs conspiracy :D

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Very good win last night, still need to find a way to score more then 2 goals though. Toronto should have had 3 or 4 past Swayman last night.

The other good news is Toronto stars like Nylander/Marner/Matthews still haven't asserted themselves in the series, maybe they wake up for game 6.
Boston's chance to win this series was last night.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
The only issue with taking Reaves out is that the Leafs have no forwards who can obliterate the opposition with a hit. He forces the opposition to do a double take. They hear the foot steps and panic a little bit more. If we had top 6 players that could do the same, we would be looking like Florida.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Very entertaining game. Will miss hockey when it's done for the year. Hope it lasts longer. As for the "everyone is shit" crowd...it must have been difficult to see a win and continue to explain how much you love the team but hate most if not all of the players. If the Leafs succeed, I feel like the gloating this year will not be against our opponents like Boston who played hard but against you who think it's cool to make real fans miserable game in and game out with your negative takes beginning around 2 minutes into every game.
By real fan you mean only the ones that drink the Kool-aid.
Some Leafs last night actual played like it mattered. JT dud not circle back, Knies as he did many times was going to the net through anyone who may try to stop him, Holmberg showed sincere pride, desire and drive like no one had. And Woll stood tall.
What is not to like. No whining or sniveling or throwing gloves like a bantam.
The display last night showed manhood by many.
I was not proud of MY TEAM in game 1 to 4. If game 6 is like 5 I will be happy, if they revert back Blow them up.
F.... you and your poop of love at all costs.
I am as much a real fan for 7 decades as you. Trading Lanny McDonakd for spite was still stupid and I hated the Leaf management for that. I was still a fan.
I hate the Leaf management today for keeping Mitchy and allowing him to have influence like a child. When Babs was fired for good reasons but as a result of his comments, he should have been traded to bring an end.
I am a REAL fan who wants a cup after 56 yrs. Not a kool-aid drinker.

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
if the Leafs play 2 more games like last night… we’ll be ready for Florida in round 2.

Win these 2 games and we’ve officially ended Boston.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
By real fan you mean only the ones that drink the Kool-aid.
Some Leafs last night actual played like it mattered. JT dud not circle back, Knies as he did many times was going to the net through anyone who may try to stop him, Holmberg showed sincere pride, desire and drive like no one had. And Woll stood tall.
What is not to like. No whining or sniveling or throwing gloves like a bantam.
The display last night showed manhood by many.
I was not proud of MY TEAM in game 1 to 4. If game 6 is like 5 I will be happy, if they revert back Blow them up.
F.... you and your poop of love at all costs.
I am as much a real fan for 7 decades as you. Trading Lanny McDonakd for spite was still stupid and I hated the Leaf management for that. I was still a fan.
I hate the Leaf management today for keeping Mitchy and allowing him to have influence like a child. When Babs was fired for good reasons but as a result of his comments, he should have been traded to bring an end.
I am a REAL fan who wants a cup after 56 yrs. Not a kool-aid drinker.
Nonsense. Everyone wants a Cup after 56 years. It just that a lot of fans are tired of entitled whinny fair weather fans.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Amen to that.
Really don’t get how people claim to be fans and then immediately shit on players after a great win.
If you didn’t enjoy last night you may want to reassess why you’re watching.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Gotta believe Montgomery comes back with Ulmark. I love it.
The only certainty with Monty, right back to his Dallas days, is that he needs to prove that he is the smartest guy in the room. I won't be the least bit surprised if he ends up coaching in Ottawa next season. He shouldn't keep his job after this series, and he would be a good choice to help Ottawa turn around their tire fire.

Reactions: arso40

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
If they play like this the rest of the series, they have a shot. Let's not forget the PP still blows, and even though we played about as well as we can play we still barely won.

The second part of your post is so true. These guys have been so up and down for so many years now and they played so badly in games 3 and 4, there's just no way you can count on them to play like this for the next two games. It could happen, but anyone taking it for granted is clueless.

LOL. Ironic comment coming from someone who just called everyone shit.

If you read the GDT's, you get what you deserve. That is all.

It’s so frustrating. Nothing is going in. Every game they have to eke out a 2-1 win. Unbelievable.

Reactions: ToneDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad