PK on "60 Minutes" @ 10 Tonight

Timelord

Stanley Cup polisher
Dec 18, 2011
That should be the sports magazine show "60 Minutes Sports" not the news/investigative program "60 Minutes"

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
That should be the sports magazine show "60 Minutes Sports" not the news/investigative program "60 Minutes"

So no gripping testimonies from blurred-faced modulated-voice goalies that were violated by our favorite serial-farter?

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
i want to watch this so bad help please

Saw it the other night since we have Showtime in the states. Pretty interesting. PK's Dad was a hard driver when they were small. The Mom said PK would go to bed with his snow pants on then when Dad came home from work, he would get him out of bed and take him to to the public rink to do stick and puck work for a couple hours. Would carry him home sleeping. I'm sure this is a bit of hyperbole and not the typical day, but made a good story. His Dad also said, it's ok for the parent to want it more than the kid early on, but at some point, the kid needs to want it more than the parent to make it.

They showed some behind the scenes footage from 24CH, I think, where MT was ripping him a new one between periods, then asked him about the coach. He was very diplomatic, but finished with the statement that he respects the coach and as long as the team is winning, MT can rip him a new one everyday, he just wants to win.

He commented how he expects to be the guy (paraphrasing) that carries the team in the playoffs. It's a team sport, but when the guys look to him in critical situations, he's going to be able to do what's necessary to get the job done.

Finally, it was funny when they pulled out his first pair of skates. White figure skates that were hand me downs from his sister. I guess that's why he's such a good skater, he learned to play hockey in girls figure skates ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad