Former Bruins PJ Axelsson

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Axelsson-Rolston-Lapointe was one of the best checking lines I've seen. And Axy was the best defensive forward and PKer pre-Bergy.

His last year or two they kept playing him with Savard and it was frustratingly out of place. But good guy, good Bruin, did the little things right. Seems to be doing a great job with the scouting department too.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Axelsson-Rolston-Lapointe was one of the best checking lines I've seen. And Axy was the best defensive forward and PKer pre-Bergy.

His last year or two they kept playing him with Savard and it was frustratingly out of place. But good guy, good Bruin, did the little things right. Seems to be doing a great job with the scouting department too.
Wasn’t their center that guy we got on waivers from Detroit? I forget his name… Tim Taylor maybe? It was a good checking line.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I have a vivid memory of PJ winning a shootout for us against Chicago on a nice move to the backhand.

I remember being very surprised he had that kind of handles.

• Love
Reactions: BMC

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I have a vivid memory of PJ winning a shootout for us against Chicago on a nice move to the backhand.

I remember being very surprised he had that kind of handles.
I remember that well. Screaming at the TV “Axey?? What the hell are you thinking, Claude??” The team was absolute dogshit in the shootout and THIS was the solution?

And then Axey just putting on the filth. :laugh: I jumped out of my chair

He will always be one of my favourite all-time Bruins. Like a ball hawk corner and absolute fearless. Love him

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Axelsson was kind of like a premium version of Dan Paille.

Actually, it was after Axelsson retired and they started the 09-10 season and the penalty kill was hot garbage that Chiarelli was forced to go out and acquire Paille. So the two are sort of linked.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
He was a good hitter for his size.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad