OT: Pittsburgher Thread: The standard is the standard. No changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
doesn't really change your point, but you can't blame him for the missed PAT and he threw another TD that was dropped.

If you don't see a problem with those numbers, I don't know what to tell you.

Up to and including the Tebow loss, the Steelers score over 21 in each of Ben's playoffs games. If you or the Steelers aren't seeing the writing on the wall, I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

Up to and including the Tebow loss, the Steelers score over 21 in each of Ben's playoffs games. If you or the Steelers aren't seeing the writing on the wall, I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you.

I literally said my comment doesn't change your point. Just pointing out that Ben played well enough that it should have been 17, not 9.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

That the defense has been overrated and given a pass far too often?

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Do you think Brady, when he sees the Steelers on the schedule, even bothers to show up for practice that week before?

tread102

Mar 17, 2008
He's at worst 3rd. Marino , Peyton and Montana are the only guys who you could make a case for otherwise.

He's going down as the best ever. In the NFL you're judged by rings. He's won 4 and gone to the dance 7 times, and he isn't even done.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Do you think Brady, when he sees the Steelers on the schedule, even bothers to show up for practice that week before?

He practices.

And when he sees them line up 10-15 yards off and playing zone, he realizes he didn't need to bother.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

Those numbers are indicative of a poor offensive coordinator. Ben has shown he can handle playoff pressure and those are the results the coaching staff has produced during his most productive years with a bunch of other great weapons.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yea, I should have made it clear I wasn't quoting you per say. It was more the people above. Sorry.

I don't think Ben is nearly the main problem though. We were missing our 2 best offensive weapons last post-season, and we were missing our best today. And Bryant all year. And Green this post-season.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Those numbers are indicative of a poor offensive coordinator. Ben has shown he can handle playoff pressure and those are the results the coaching staff has produced during his most productive years with a bunch of other great weapons.

Well, last time the Steelers D got shredded like this in a playoff game, the offensive coordinator retired.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
B

Maybe.... but the better understand there is a problem when your offense can't score in the playoffs with a 25 million dollar per year QB.

Would Landry Jones output have been all that much different tonight??? That's pathetic

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Maybe.... but the better understand there is a problem when your offense can't score in the playoffs with a 25 million dollar per year QB.

Would Landry Jones output have been all that much different tonight??? That's pathetic

a QB can't catch the ball for his receivers, force them to be open, run the ball, or kick the extra points though.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5

It would be nice, though, if every once in a while in a big game vs NE the offense didn't have to put up 40+ to win.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

You see you just kill all of your credibility when you say stuff like the bolded statement above.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Good news is that the Steelers play the Pats again next season. I'm suuuure they will adjust. Right?:shakehead

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

You're being a typical yinzer again. Ben is nowhere close to being the main problem tonight. I bet you think Butler's game plan was just fine tonight, don't you?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

This is as insightful as Haley's and Butler's game plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad