OT: Pittsburgher Thread: The standard is the standard. No changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
You see you just kill all of your credibility when you say stuff like the bolded statement above.

THEY SCORED 9 POINTS through 3 and half quarters!!!!! MY bolded statement is right on the money.

25 million dollars in a cap hit for a qb and we had 0 td's last week and see above for tonight's performance.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
THEY SCORED 9 POINTS through 3 and half quarters!!!!! MY bolded statement is right on the money.

25 million dollars in a cap hit for a qb and we had 0 td's last week and see above for tonight's performance.

Well, since your using caps and bold letters, that changes everything. :popcorn:

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

And yinzers like you are the first ones to complain about how the Steelers need a QB like Ben/Terry after you run them out of town.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

No, saying that Landry Jones would have performed on par with Ben tonight is asinine no matter how you try and spin it.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
No, saying that Landry Jones would have performed on par with Ben tonight is asinine no matter how you try and spin it.

You spin 9 points and no td's last week.

Yup, nothing to see here, not Ben's fault. He's only your biggest cap hit and he gave you cucka again tonight. 9 points when the game was still a game.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

Yup, nothing to see here, not Ben's fault. He's only your biggest cap hit and he gave you cucka again tonight. 9 points when the game was still a game.

Yeah, cause no WRs dropped easily catchable balls or anything like that...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

If you had put Ben on the Pats and Brady on the Steelers tonight, the score wouldn't have been any different.

Yeah, cause no WRs dropped easily catchable balls or anything like that...

Brady could've made them hold on. Landry definitely could've done it.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

How does the quarterback assume all of the responsibility but the clueless coordinator and receivers dropping passes left and right aren't even on your radar?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Postseason high for yards for Brady. :laugh:

Sun Tzu . . . every battle is won before it is fought.

The second Butler showed 10-15 yard cushions and zone coverage with LB's covering the short and crossing routes, it was over. The next 60 minutes were just a formality.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
How does the quarterback assume all of the responsibility but the clueless coordinator and receivers dropping passes left and right aren't even on your radar?

I'm pretty sure Cole covered this type of brilliance in today's Pens PGT. :laugh:

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

Once Ben is done, he's going to be one of the first screaming at the top of his lungs that he wishes the Steelers had a QB like him. Similar to when yinzer nation ran Bradshaw out of town then complained for the better part of a quarter century for not having a QB of that caliber.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
If you had put Ben on the Pats and Brady on the Steelers tonight, the score wouldn't have been any different.

Brady could've made them hold on. Landry definitely could've done it.

Show me the last big time game where Ben was clutch.. You can attack me all you want but the numbers are on my side.

Last year, they had to win at Baltimore to lock up the playoffs, Ben had one of his worst games of his career.

Sorry, but if you are going to be paid as a top 3 QB, I think a fan should have every right to expect you to play like one.

Again, show me the last must win game where BEN was the star and MVP of the game.

You can't.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Once Ben is done, he's going to be one of the first screaming at the top of his lungs that he wishes the Steelers had a QB like him. Similar to when yinzer nation ran Bradshaw out of town then complained for the better part of a quarter century for not having a QB of that caliber.

Learn to read. I am not critiquing Ben's career. I am pointing to a decline in production in important games. And the numbers agree with me. You have nothing other than emotion to counter with.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Show me the last big time game where Ben was clutch.. You can attack me all you want but the numbers are on my side.

Last year, they had to win at Baltimore to lock up the playoffs, Ben had one of his worst games of his career.

Sorry, but if you are going to be paid as a top 3 QB, I think a fan should have every right to expect you to play like one.

Again, show me the last must win game where BEN was the star and MVP of the game.

You can't.

I remember all the years geniuses like you were saying the same **** about Sid and Geno as they were hung out to dry by incompetent management and coaching.

It was as dumb then as it is now.

EDIT: And tell me the last time Haley, Butler, and Tomlin outcoached or even slightly surprised an elite coaching staff.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Sun Tzu . . . every battle is won before it is fought.

The second Butler showed 10-15 yard cushions and zone coverage with LB's covering the short and crossing routes, it was over. The next 60 minutes were just a formality.

True.:cry:

It's truly astonishing how they never learn.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
True.:cry:

It's truly astonishing how they never learn.

Well, don't worry. It's Ben's fault he couldn't play defense, make the OL block 1/2 as well as the Pats OL, catch the balls he threw, or ignore the OC's play calling and refusal to go no huddle.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's absolutely ****ing ridiculous. The stats are there. The record is there. The eye test is there. The announcers know. The fans know it. And yet Tomlin doesn't even try to change it. Since 2007, Brady was 7-0 against us? 22 tds to 0 interceptions? Undefeated in the playoffs?

I mean what else do you want? Why did you think a different result was going to happen. Even the announcers IN THE FIRST HALF were saying the Steelers had to try different things and they didn't in the 2nd half.

Why? Why is that acceptable? Is that the standard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad