GDT: Pittsburgh vs. Colorado| 7:30 PM | Consol Energy Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Orpik must have a huge man crush on Maatta, just told Pierre hes the hardest working 19 year old hes ever seen, said if the decision is based on how he played he would stay with the pens.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Don't worry, at the end of the game we can make fun of their D as we get 100 goals against them. :)

I don't understand how their Goals Against is so low. Varlamov must being playing out of his mind because on paper that defense looks bad.

It's not a depth issue, it's an injury issue.

If we are two injuries away from Kobasew playing top 6 minutes it's a little bit of a depth issue.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Orpik must have a huge man crush on Maatta, just told Pierre hes the hardest working 19 year old hes ever seen, said if the decision is based on how he played he would stay with the pens.
Orpik must be developing amnesia since he was here when Sidney Crosby was 19 years old and won the scoring title, MVP etc. High praise for Maatta though.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't understand how their Goals Against is so low. Varlamov must being playing out of his mind because on paper that defense looks bad.

If we are two injuries away from Kobasew playing top 6 minutes it's a little bit of a depth issue.

Our top 6 depth is better than its been in a long time. When is the last time we had 5 guys capable of playing in the top 6? What we are missing are guys like TK or Cooke who are by all rights 3rd liners but won't embarrass themselves in the top 6 for a few games at a time. Jeffrey is the closest we've got, but probably only as a center. D'Agostini would probably be better off in that role than anyone who is healthy but he's out too.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Orpik must be developing amnesia since he was here when Sidney Crosby was 19 years old. High praise for Maatta though.

I know, he even mentioned Sid, said i know i played with Sid at that age but Maatta is the hardest working player i'v seen at that age, there is an interview on the pens website with Orpik talking about Maatta this morning, he was gushing over Maatta, Brooks loves Maatta.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Well to be fair the Avalanche have Patrick Roy as a headcoach, i'm sure he does help varly atleast a little bit, aswell as a top goalie coach (I think he is?). He wont be this good all season, just a hot streak. I can see him finishing the season at .930 save% and 2.25GAA or something.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

Pierre would know all about hard-working 19 year olds. :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad