GDT: Pittsburgh @ Toronto - Monday 7pm - SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
In the never ending debate for who is the MVP, it seems like Crosby should be considered.

If the Hart is the true MVP, where I view it as if you took said player off the roster would they still have success.

Without Crosby the Pens are a 50 point team and nowhere near a playoff spot

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Don’t really care about the outcome at this point, just play hard and hopefully Matthews can continue scoring to break Ovi’s record.
Just 2 more and he has the post lockout record. Huge.

I'm hoping Nylander stops sulking and has a game. He needs to hit 100 points for the mental health of the city or we will never hear the end of his contract year stuff.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I predict there is going to be a Solar Eclipse across America today, forecasting and foreboding a Pens loss.

Lights out as their playoff hopes go dark, signalling the end to their season.

Leafs hold the light switch firmly in their hands.

Leafs win so bright I'm going to wear shades today to watch all this unfold.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
In the never ending debate for who is the MVP, it seems like Crosby should be considered.

If the Hart is the true MVP, where I view it as if you took said player off the roster would they still have success.

Without Crosby the Pens are a 50 point team and nowhere near a playoff spot
I think that might be true for us too...

Reactions: Jojalu

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

I'm hoping Nylander stops sulking and has a game. He needs to hit 100 points for the mental health of the city or we will never hear the end of his contract year stuff.
Finishing with less than 100 points after being on a 120 point pace at the time of his signing would be so Willie.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

Huge game for Pittsburgh, fairly meaningless for the Leafs (hate this time of year).
Hopefully they show up and send the Pens home disappointed.
Yep these are garbage games for our Leafs so who knows what will happen .. but I hope Matty gets 70 so I am all in for cheering for him to score a hatty .. also I can't turn down a Go Train ride to watch Syd da kid .. too bad its on a Monday night but oh well it is .. have fun at game

Reactions: ToneDog and ACC1224

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Yep these are garbage games for our Leafs so who knows what will happen .. but I hope Matty gets 70 so I am all in for cheering for him to score a hatty .. also I can't turn down a Go Train ride to watch Syd da kid .. too bad its on a Monday night but oh well it is .. have fun at game
I usually drive in but have 4 tickets tonight so will be taking the train which should be weird as we'll be on the train during the eclipse.
Baseball is back so we'll have that added headache as well.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I suppose it's only a garbage game if you don't put value in home ice against Florida in the first round. It's an interesting debate. There is merit suggesting that the Leafs would be better off starting the series on the road. That is the direction I'm leaning in at this point, especially since their place in the standings won't affect the home ice question in the second round (as in, either they will have home ice if Tampa wins, or won't have it if Boston wins, regardless of whether they finish second or third in the division).

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I suppose it's only a garbage game if you don't put value in home ice against Florida in the first round. It's an interesting debate. There is merit suggesting that the Leafs would be better off starting the series on the road. That is the direction I'm leaning in at this point, especially since their place in the standings won't affect the home ice question in the second round (as in, either they will have home ice if Tampa wins, or won't have it if Boston wins, regardless of whether they finish second or third in the division).
It’d be nice if the barn mattered.

Reactions: supermann_98

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
It has nothing to do with what the fans value, what the team uses to motivate itself is a mystery to us.
We attended enough games to know that this has all the makings of a Monday night sleepy game.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
It has nothing to do with what the fans value, what the team uses to motivate itself is a mystery to us.
We attended enough games to know that this has all the makings of a Monday night sleepy game.
Pens playing well, playing for their playoff lives and were waxed 7-0 last time they were here. Dubas, Spezza and Bunts in the building. Leafs could get embarrassed if they mail it in.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Yeah, funny how Nylander is being held to the standards of a contract he isn't on.

He does have to get his legs moving though.
I think they could have a nice 3rd. line there.

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Domi ($20mm)
McMann-Tavares-marner ($22mm)
Knies-Holmberg-Nylander ($9mm)

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I'm extra motivated to see the Leafs win tonight, besides the obvious reason that they are my team.

1) Always want the Leafs to win, even if I'm realistic and/or pessimistic about their chances in the playoffs.
2) It's always good to see DubasFans™ with pouty face.
3) I want the Red Wings to make the playoffs. I've always respected Yzerman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad